Teen wins fight to refuse blood transfusions

by blondie 38 Replies latest social current

• Europe
    Europe

Indeed Avenger..

Doesnt it say in that little book called : "The secret of a happy family"

.....Men are head of their family and such they, to Jehova, have the responsibility for the mental and physical welbeing of his wife and children!!!!!!!!

Poor kid, she must have been under a tremendous pressure, not believing that your own father wants what's best for you! Well done WTS!

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

Naturally, I feel sorrow for this family, but this whole story has served to aptly demonstrate to the non-JW public what it is like to be part of this CULT._______________

The WTS won the battle and lost the war!________________________________________________________________________________________________

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I hope his worthless wife chokes, that bitch.

Poor guy, I hope he makes it through ok. F**king Witnesses. Goddamn menaces.

ash

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The real irony of all of this is that last weekend at my district convention, the replacement for the "United in Worship" book came out, and all references to blood transfusions have been removed. In another generation, the blood doctrine will be no more. It will be merely a footnote to JW history, like the old vaccination doctrine.

How many families destroyed, and how many children and adults dead - for nothing?

As far as this judge's decision is concerned, I have no doubt that her failing health was the reason for the decision. Why not allow the girl to have her final days in peace? The legal system stands firmly on the other side, after granting four consecutive victories to the father.

Only a JW could consider this story to be a victory.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Is it just me or do the rest of you have to log in each time???

What is the name of the publication that replaced the "united" book, please?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

What do you mean by login? If you are referring to entering your username and password when you post, you can just check off the box under your message, and the system will remember your information.

Without checking, I believe the new book is called "Worship the Only True God", or something like that. The titles all sound pretty much the same after a while.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

I'm surprised noone has commented on this propaganda ploy put forward by "Goebels":

The girl's lawyer, David Gnam, said his client is relieved she can now direct her own medical treatment. But he questioned what might have happened had her wishes been followed in the first place.

"She had different options that were available to her and were before other judges and were turned down," he said. "What if those had been acted upon? We'll never know the answer to that."

The WTS Propaganda Ministry is still trying to "spin" this story to make it seem like "non-blood" treatment could have possibly saved Bethany's life.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I just read an article in the local paper, similar to the one above. The doctors were no longer recommending blood transfusions, only palliative care. The doctors are being very realistic, and although we have to say the girl won her right to self determination (WT determination) of her medical treatment, she didn't win anything. If there was a significant hope that the blood would have continued to help, I believe that the courts would have decided to continue the treament . The Leukemia won.

concerned mama

Edited by - concerned mama on 3 July 2002 11:24:40

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

AngryXJW.....right on..they're always looking for a rock to slither under. What dispicable contempt they show for the true feelings of their ' flock '.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Right now, an experimental therapy is in the works that will not involve blood, and I don't think it makes you very sick either. It's in England, I think. I will try and find a link later.

Anyway, "Mia" just needed to get sick a year later, and this all would have had a different outlook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit