The BEST things about the USA

by OUTLAW 54 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

COMF,

We must be from the same area, I love Pappasitos!!!! I also love Pappadeux, Pappa's Steakhouse, Pappa's cafe and Pappa's Burgers!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Starr,

Don't forget Euless Main BBQ, Star Canyon, Eatzi's, and Taco Cabana! *salivating*

• finnrot
    finnrot

You guys crack me up. I was just trying to "yank" some chains, I guess I succeeded. Americans don't tend to be so thinned skinned, we're used to being criticized.

• puppylove
    puppylove

Gotta love the a/c. 100 degrees here in NYC today and the humidity is very high. I really think I would melt without it.

Ice cubes? No biggie, I don't really like my drinks that cold. In fact, LOVED the Guiness in London - served just the right temp, not to warm, not too cold.

Street/freeway/highway signs. I really think we have great signage. The best. We had a difficult time in France trying to figure out where we were going (although the Metro was very easy to figure out).

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

The best thing about the USA is the SOUTH American by birth southerner by the grace of God

• finnrot
    finnrot

I'm from Cali, but WildTurkey is correct (except for the humidity and mosquitos as big as hummingbirds). The food in Louisiana has to be the best in the world, and where else you gonna go for the best outdoor crawfish boil in the world. And lets not forget Mardi Gras, the most fun I've had in my adult life!!

• TheStar
    TheStar

Mega,

Eatzi's is one of my favorite places. Just the smell in that place make me salivate! I just wish they had a better seating arrangement.

Taco Cabana! Now that is the place to go at 2am on a Saturday or Sunday morning after you've been to ever club in the city and have had a bit too much to drink!

There's a Spanish saying that Menudo (the soup) is the perfect medicine for hangovers.

That brings back so many good old memories, I haven't done that since long before my JW days. I must get my life back in order! LOL...

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

To all my fellow Americans, although I can't be home in time for this Fourth of July, I hope you will have a good Fourth and are glad to be living in one the greatest countries in the world, America.
    How will you be spending your day?
    Me, I'll be trying to catch up on my email, especially to Nicole R. of the Utahs (j/k); shopping; preparing the countdown to coming back to Denver on the 19th of this month; applying for Federal government jobs online (as patriotic as you can get...Civil Serivce...I worked for the Departmart of Defense before going to China).
    Ack, no fireworks for me...too bad.
    the dustrabbit

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Zenpunk,when my family would go on vacation in the states,my dad would let me have a sip from his can of Coor`s.Thats where I got a taste for the beer..>>>Hey imbue,your slowly becoming my favorite pain in the ass(LOL).When I`m out of the country I usually drink imported beer,"Molson Canadian" ..LOL..The both of you have a great day...OUTLAW

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Breakdancing, (influenced by many other dances of course, but its final form was uniquely american) hip-hop music, Hollywood, Orlando Florida, New York City.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit