I'm Gone

by TR 49 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

no tr! who will interject this link into all of yks threads? >>> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27185&site=3

aa

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi TR: I wish you would stay, but I do understand your angst. Hope that a break will do you some good and you can get back here. Hope you put my email in your address book as well. I will definitely keep in touch with you. Thanks.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Bye TR. I understand, but I don't have to like it. Take care of yourself! You'll be welcomed back anytime!

• Dawn
    Dawn

TR......

I hate to see you go, but I certainly understand. I've gotten so fed-up with the Anti-American comments and have stopped coming as much myself. I chose not to read the obviously slanted threads - but it seems to be popping up everywhere. Reminds me too much of the JW's tunnel vision square boxed opinions of everyone who is not a JW. Likewise, some here have obviously decided that everyone who is an American is pompous, cares nothing about other lives, and is ignorant. I wonder how they'll feel when their Country is under attack and they need help.

TR - thought you'd like to see this - it's an editorial written by Gordon Sinclair - a Canadian television commentor - Broadcasted in June 1973 - the entire text can be found here:

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Culture/americans.htm

But I've posted a few of the paragraphs that pretty much sums it up!!

This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help.

This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans......

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those." Stand proud, America!

• Solace
    Solace

TR,

Im sorry you are leaving.

I have also noticed the Anti American threads. After reading through some, Im never sure how to respond. I would never judge anyone for who they are, where they live or for their governments actions. It amazes me that this type of generalizing still goes on. Unreal...

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

TR,

I am sorry that you are leaving. I enjoyed reading your posts. I haven't read any posts that has Anti-American tones or critical of America as I usually don't read them. Believe me, the rest of the world is very critical of America. It's been like that for a long time: "If we do anything, they thrash us for doing it. If we don't do anything, they still thrash us for not doing anything. It's like Damn if we do it and Damn if we don't do it". That's always been the attitude toward us.

I don't agree on why you are leaving the forum, but I gotta respect your decision as you also have rights.

Best of Luck and Wishes to you and your family and Best Regards.

Ajax

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

TR --- NO NO NO, please don't leave? You are one of my posters and you have been here SO LONG. I not only live in America, I happen to LOVE MY COUNTRY, just like you... don't leave on account of some people who have no understanding of what pride for thier country is all about...

PLEASE don't go?

Kisses,

Amanda

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day TR,

I must echo the thoughts of others here and say PLEASE DON'T GO. Please, mate. Although I'm not American, I must agree with Amanda's thoughts:

You are one of my posters and you have been here SO LONG. I not only live in America, I happen to LOVE MY COUNTRY, just like you... don't leave on account of some people who have no understanding of what pride for thier country is all about...

I can appreciate the feeling of hurt; a while ago there was some Aussie bashing here, and it made some of us feel very angry and hurt. But we've learned to cope, and we understand that different people have different viewpoints. Maybe we can help the offenders to see a better position? Won't you join with us?

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 2 July 2002 21:54:23

• TR
    TR

I came back to edit my post with comments that I had forgotten to write in my haste, then I see all these comments! You guys are WAYYYY COOOOL!

What I wanted to add was this;

Simon,

My unadulterated admiration goes to you for bringing together a forum that has added tremendously to the lives of many that come here, including myself.

However, I can't seem to follow my own advise about not reading and getting upset at some posts. There are times when I initiated threads in the past that expressed my extreme love and patriotism for the U.S.A., and I may have made deragatory comments about other countries. I apologize if I hurt anyone. It seemed to me that I was making progress in avoiding political issues and negative comments about the U.S.A., but once again I have fallen short. I posted no replies to the threads, but the feelings are still there.

My other interests, obligations and projects leave me with little time to view the many new threads on the forum, so I feel kind of lost now when I come here. I think I've reached a milestone in my life where I'm beginning to let go of all the negativity of my "'hovahness". The only thing I feel obligated to do now regarding 'hovahs is to help a little bit with Silentlambs. Kids come first in my life, especially my own. So, it's not just the anti-American thing, but thats part of it, kind of the last straw, I guess.

This is the forum that aquainted me with several people that I learned a great deal from, men and women. GOD this forum has some great minds, and bodies! LOL! But, I gotta go. The dickweeds are spoiling it for me, as well as myself. I feel like such a 'roid because I hated to see people post the same thing I'm posting. Never thought I'd do it, but I'm gone.

Take care, people.

TR

Edited by - TR on 2 July 2002 22:6:9

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Ozzie...you are a class act...I have always thought the world of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit