Norwegians Harm Whales

by Magog 51 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

and as far as rules of engagement go, btw, i have no problem with "do not fire unless fired upon", which is apparently the rule you are questioning?

aa

• JanH
    JanH

dubla,

well, perhaps i was confused

That about sums it up, yes.

- Jan

• dubla
    dubla

That about sums it up, yes.

- Jan

youknowesque, very nice.

aa

• JanH
    JanH

dubla,

and as far as rules of engagement go, btw, i have no problem with "do not fire unless fired upon", which is apparently the rule you are questioning?

LOL. You really think the coalition forces had that rule during the Gulf war? Or in Afghanistan now?

Or perhaps this was more satire?

- Jan

• dubla
    dubla

Or perhaps this was more satire?

sarcasm yes.....in the last thread you seemed to have a problem with the fact that u.s. soldiers fired on an area that was apparently firing on them FIRST, so yeah, i thought id throw a sarcastic remark back at you about the rules of engagement.

aa

• LDH1
    LDH1

I noticed you did not address my real life scenario of "waiting to see" Jan.

Lisa

• Magog
    Magog

Dubla, Thanks. You stated thing well.

Jan,

The obvious fact that it was satire does not mean I have to agree with the point it was trying to make.

Fine. Then make your argument about why you don't agree with it. Personally, I don't think Norwegians are any more bigoted than people in any other country, including America. I do think that some who put down America do so with bigotry, arrogance, and stereotyping. You don't need to agree. Your own words, that Dubla quoted, make the point with or without your agreement. It is obvious that you are more interested in proclaiming yourself the victor, rather than exhibit even an once of understanding. Win at all costs, regardless of how it affects others. How American of you! Or should I say, how Norwegian of you!

Edited by - Magog on 2 July 2002 15:25:16

• JanH
    JanH

dubla,

in the last thread you seemed to have a problem with the fact that u.s. soldiers fired on an area that was apparently firing on them FIRST, so yeah, i thought id throw a sarcastic remark back at you about the rules of engagement.

I have a problem with dropping a large bomb on a civilian town because maybe someone fired from the vicinity of it, yes.

And areas don't fire at people. People do.

- Jan

• dubla
    dubla

I have a problem with dropping a large bomb on a civilian town because maybe someone fired from the vicinity of it, yes.

i think a quote of mine from the other now infamous thread might fit nicely here:

weve got people on this thread condemning the media for not telling the whole truth about anything, and these same people are taking the media version of the bombings and running with how terrible the u.s. is for these acts. hmmm..... (if this is incorrect, and some of you have spoken personally to the pilots involved, please correct me).

aa

• dubla
    dubla

heres an excerpt from a cnn article (dated today):

Gunfire from the AC-130 gunship was directed against anti-aircraft artillery sites that had engaged U.S. aircraft, the officials said. U.S. forces had been targeted by anti-aircraft artillery fire the night before Monday's attack, U.S. defense officials said.

U.S. military sources said the target sites had been under reconnaissance by U.S. Special Forces since late last week and there was information Taliban or Al Qaeda personnel were hiding in the region. U.S. forces are still in the region, looking for enemy forces trying to flee.

Abdullah was asked if he thought al Qaeda leaders Mullah Omar and Osama bin Laden were alive. Abdullah said he did, but had no idea where they are.

Despite Afghan government reports that wedding attendees were firing into the air in celebration, a U.S. military spokesman in Afghanistan said the celebratory fire did not provoke the attack.

"Normally, when you think of celebratory fire ... it's random, it's sprayed, it's not directed at a specific target," said Col. Roger King. "In this instance, the people on board the aircraft felt that the weapons were tracking them and were making a sustained effort to engage them."

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/central/07/02/afghanistan.bombing/index.html

aa

Edited by - dubla on 2 July 2002 16:19:1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit