Norwegians Harm Whales

by Magog 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Magog
    Magog

Norway to defy ban, resume whale exports to Iceland

By Inger Sethov

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway said Friday it would defy an international ban on commercial whaling and resume exports of whale meat to Iceland after a 14-year break. Oslo said it would issue an export licence to a whaling company in the next few days to send 10-15 tons of minke whale meat to the North Atlantic island, although whales are on an international list of endangered species.

Arrogant Norwegians don't care about these poor endangered creatures. Norwegians terrorize this vulnerable species. If only Norwegians would look outside their own little dark country to see what the rest of the world thinks of them. Norwegians just don't understand anything because of their ignorance of the environment. Their radical, selfish left-winged government is probably in cahoots with Osama bin Laden.

Edited by - Magog on 2 July 2002 0:23:20

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You can't judge a whole country by what a few IN that country do.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Just wanted to ad that I do not condone these people who are involved in this for killing these whales. They are beautiful creatures and need to be preserved.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

well, then HERE:

http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/save/alerts/whalepetition.htm

Add Your Name to the Global Whale Sanctuary Petition

Despite a moratorium on commercial whaling, Norway and Japan continue to hunt whales in increasing numbers. Greenpeace is calling for a global whale sanctuary to protect the remaining whales.

http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/forms/whalespetition.htm

Thank you for your interest in signing the Global Whale Sanctuary petition. The petition is no longer available online on this website. Please visit Greenpeace's international whales website to find out what you can further do to protect the oceans' whale populations

• Wendy
    Wendy

LOL @ Magog

Errr that was sarcasm right?

wendy

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thanks dung, I think I will.

• julien
    julien

yep I figgered it wuz about Norway's turn for some criticism..

• LDH
    LDH

NO!!!! Not the NORWEGIANS!!!! Doing something the rest of the world doesn't agree with?

To hear certain people talk, all Norwegians ascribe to Jainism!!! The ultimate in respect for all life, down to a little gnat.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Actually, the government is very right-wing; it has been years since there was some "radicalism" to the earlier left-wing governments, and at the last elections, the right-wing parties won; presently, the two right-wing parties in the polls are larger than the centrist "left-wing" party, too.

And, the debate is about ONE species of whales, and that species is not threatened. I am no supporter of whaling myself, but when Americans discuss the issue, balanced arguments seem to be non-present. The problem when whales and seals are not hunted for, is that they eat up all the fish resources, and then die because of starvation, as happened to tens of thousands of seals some years ago. Not a very pretty sight, either, seals cubs starving. Or sea birds' cubs or what they are called, starving.

Living in cities makes you forget where the neatly packaged pounds of flesh originate, doesn't it?

• ISP
    ISP

Not much else to eat round there.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit