My mum is brainwashed by JW

by walter_collins 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Europe
    Europe

P.S.To Josephus:

Josephus:""if you mention this subject on a religious site its to be expected that youll get that kind of response""

Why?? We live in 2002, dont we? I think Walter only mentioned it to clarify the sitiation, not because he wanted to hear that people 'dont approve' of it! Especially because it was his first posting!

Besides... to my humble opinion there is a whole lot of difference between 'approving' of someone with a violent/criminial behavior than of someone being gay, dont you think?

Did you notice that it were only men who wrote in their comments that they didnt 'approve' of it?

Mpatrick and puffsrule and I didnt say a word about it!!!;-))

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

guess, we jus gotta accept that some people are still 'hovery' (shudder!!!!)

• Europe
    Europe

Well mr. Singsongboi, unfortunately not only 'some' people, but a lot!

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Everyone seems to be hung up on the "gay" thing.

I would like to bet that your mum would shun if you were straight, with a wife, two kids etc, but were NOT doing the following:

1)Going to meetings

2) Out in the ministry

3) Attending conventions

4) Kissing the butt of the local elders and Circuit Overseers

5) and hailing the Governing Body as a miniGod!

The only excuse JWs need to be able to self righteously shun a person is for that person to not believe in the Watchtower organisation. That is it. Nothing else!

Your mum is just using it as an excuse. If you were straight, she would come up with another "reason" to shun you without even blinking!

I may sound cynical, but then I was a JW for 20 years.

Nowfree

• walter_collins
    walter_collins

Hey everyone...

Well it's been a week since I last checked the site and I'm amazed at how many people have posted on here.. thank you all so mcuh. it's unreal, and for your emails too.

Still havent heard from mum.. well. I guess I'm going to just let her stew in her choices and religion. I've reached a point where I've realised that throughout life I've tackled things alone.. this is just another hurdle which I'll get over and use in my favor to shine.

One of the things that really gets me tho, is the fact that she's put that religion before me... her own son. Surely any true religion would insist that your loved ones must come first.

I'm angry at Watchtower.. if anybody reads this who works and or still believes in that cult.. rest assured you are in decline and your brainwashing antics will be stopped. You've managed to come between a son and a mother.... I hope you're happy.... and you call yourself the truth hey?

To all those who have had similar experiences and who are going through tough times.... lets stick together.... if we become friends.... thats the best possible outcome for us all.

Big Aussie pat on the back!!

WAlt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit