My mum is brainwashed by JW

by walter_collins 24 Replies latest jw friends

• josephus
    josephus

thank you walt.

i myself didnt choose to become a glutton.

i just cant stop eating those MMs, or the snickers, or the mars bars, or the beer come to think of it.

;)

josephus

• walter_collins
    walter_collins

HI all.. thank you so much for your messages... jeez, I've only been on here for 30 mins and already got so many messages! You know, I'm going to print out many of these responses and forward them to mum.

• josephus
    josephus

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jws tend to hate being told off. she will read the replies, take them to her elders who will at once tell her you are talking with apostates and she must avoid discussion with you for the sake of her spiritual wellbeing.

instead perhaps you could phrase it as if the info came from an active jw you work with. this way shell be slightly more receptive to the ideas therein.

good luck

josephus

• Europe
    Europe

""well I think a lot of people are not educated... being gay isn't a choice.... I absolutely did NOT wake up on a MOnday morning and think "I'll be gay from today!" why would I choose to ruin my life and go thro so much pain.. and cause others so much pain?

"Well replied Walter. How can people say things like "I dont approve of homosexuality"??

Dont they know that actually your parents are at fault as its scientifically proven over a dozen times that it's in your genes!! Better tell your mum walter;-)))

Dont let yourself be discouraged by phrases like that, they dont know any better!! If my son would be gay, I wouldnt love him less, probably even more (if possible) as his life will be more complicated!!

• josephus
    josephus

dear europe

to clarify,

some of "us" are educated enough to know better. your rigid judgemental attitude to what you consider the "proper" opinion here betrays a more serious ignorance.

only myself and another mentioned our opinion of homosexuality, both were non-judgemental and freindly.

and please dont get started on the nature/nurture debate. i tend to beleive it is in the genes, like those with a propensity for violence, and crime. youll notice that i dont "approve" of them either.

if you mention this subject on a religious site its to be expected that youll get that kind of response. all you can expect is that the posters will realize that they are no better than walt, and certainly in no position to judge him.

perhaps you would like to blame the bible as it does judge us all . not suprisingly we all fall short

josephus

Edited by - josephus on 30 June 2002 16:25:30

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

... is it too harsh for me to finally stand up for my sexuality.. or should I respect
    the choices my mum has made and her views?

why is it harsh standing up for who you are? don't feel that way. you have every right to ask her to accept you. why should you respect her views/choices when she doesn't return the favour?

you are her son. you don't have to apologize for being yourself. it's the same thing as apologizing for being.

she is brainwashed, that's all there is to it. i know it's hard to understand and accept her anger at you, and the things she said to you. it hurts enormously. but you can only move on and try to forget about it and immerse yourself in things that make you happy. it's hard, i know.i know, i know, i know...

good luck to you, and to your partner. you deserve to be happy, remember that.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Welcome....my mom is exactly like yours. It's sad when this happens. It's brainwashing pure and simple - so try not to let the pain of it consume you and be yourself! (((hugs))).

• Preston
    Preston

Hi Walter,

The actions of your mother speak volumes at the lengths that many Jehovah's Witnesses will go to force their opinions on someone. The very fact that she wrote a letter to your boyfriend's mother is bizzare to say the least. I am a 23 gay ex-Jehovah's Witness who found it absolutely difficult to remain a part of an organization that makes gay people feel alone and neglected. It's one thing to disagree with homosexuality, then again, it's another to make you feel like the Devil's spawn, and that's the problem with the organization. Even the ex-JW's who replied to your post who disagree with homosexuality, gave you support, with is more than JW's can ever offer. I just find it amazing that she is willing to neglect you simply because you like guys. Still, I wouldn't launch a major smear campaign against them. Besides, they're already doing a splendid job humiliating themselves already, I just wouldn't invest all the time and energy. At this point she has two options: 1.) she can accept you and love you for the person that you are or, 2.) she can refuse to do anything with you. That means that for every happy moment, every success, and every significant event of you life, she will refuse to be there. Personally, I feel sorry for your mother. Very few people have been able to achieve what you have at your age, so if she choses to ignore you for being a gay boy, then that's her loss.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

g'day walter,

live in sydney,OZ -- not so far away-----

i was about 17, when i made a decison "NOT" to be gay and to "BE" one a jw. Of course, that just meant that i suppressed my real sexuality and pretended to be str8....

anyway, after decades of "sacred service" my sexuality came back like a tidal wave -- i was df'ed, divorced, and my wonderful kids refused to have anything (then) to do with me..

but, you know what? -- i am happier than i have ever been! i started a new life... been with my partner (his name is chye -- sg chinese) for 13 years... through fighting to keep him with me, i got involved in the gay and lesbian immigration task force in OZ and have had a little part in changing the laws of Australia , to be more favourable to gays and lesbians..

but whether i had a good partner or not, i know it's veri possible to be veri happy and gay - most people in my work know that i am gay and joke with me... picked up a client (str8) at the airport this morning.. who quipped, "OK kenni, found this cute chns boy in kaula lumpur for you, and was bringing him back for you, but they found him in my suitcase & confiscated him in customs"

most of my clients will joke with me like that...

so, i know that you will likely not change your mother, particularly, if she is the kind that doesn't really understand the bible, so just adopts "positions" ... a lot of jws are like that.!

if you check around this site and it's links, you will also find that even members of the the jws GB have been gay, but possibly more like the J. Edgar Hoover type (i.e not so nice)-- email me if you cannot find the links....

kenni

• Europe
    Europe

To Josephus:

Sorry, but it was NOT me who wrote"; well I think a lot of people are not educated... being gay isn't a choice"" it was Walter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just highlighted his remark!

Ciao,

Europe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit