Freed 1 yr ago today; My B'D tomorrow

by Trotafox 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

It was one year ago today, that I mailed my Disassociation Letter. I had postponed my DA'ng to spend months (many sleepless) gathering research to help "rescue" my JW friend of 26 years. I called her finally on June 30. Turns out, she could have cared less. WT parrot to the very end. After that, I was bound and determined I was going to spend my next birthday (the next day....July 1) a free-from-the-Watchtower person. I started posting here in October. And THANK YOU ALL for your help and support. I love you all!

I had a wonderful birthday by the way. Mom and I went out and celebrated and all the people at work got me gifts. It was great.

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE OUT..................(((([]))))

Trot (on a diet)

Edited by - Trotafox on 30 June 2002 14:32:10

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

Congratulations! The few, the proud, the Ex WItnesses :-)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Congratulations and Happy Birthday too, Trot. Two great moments rolled into one.

Life away from the WT is so great and free.

Lew W.

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the real life!!!!!

I left the org in Oct 2000, and it was the best decision I ever made. I am currently making last minute arrangements for my daughter's fourth (only second one celebrated) birthday on Saturday. Her dad won't be there - he is your average brainwashed, schizophrenic JW!!!

Hope you have a great birthday.

Nowfree

• Europe
    Europe

So tomorrow another birthday coming??;-))

Congratulations!!!

Last March I celebrated my friends first birthday (although he turned 19:-))) and I gave him 19 little presents, one for each year he missed! I never forget his face!!

Ciao

Europe

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Thanks, everyone.

Europe: YEP...July 1. The day I entered "Jehovah's Witneses" on the Internet search button and learned the real truth, was two days before Mother's Day. I took Mom out for a beautiful Mother's Day dinner and apologized profusely for the last 11 that we missed. That Christmas, I bought her 11 Christmas presents and didn't put them out until the night before. The look? Priceless.

Trot

Edited by - Trotafox on 30 June 2002 15:15:25

• Simon
    Simon

Well done T.

The longer you are out the better it gets. You wonder how you could ever have believed anything so rediculous.

• Nikita
    Nikita

Wow, Trot, it is a fitting anniversary for you with it being so close to Independence Day!

Nikita

Edited by - Nikita on 30 June 2002 18:42:58

• nancee park
    nancee park

BIRTHDAYS, THE REAL AND "JOYFUL" TRUTH: Some teach that birthdays are not for mature Christians because of pagan origin while ignoring that wedding rings and celebrations, calendar months, names of days, money, metals and other things that came before Christianity and even Judaism are not acceptable because also invented by pagans.

Birthday detractors also say Pharoahs baker and John the baptizer were killed at birthday celebrations so God disapproves of the celebrations. This is also false because, for one thing, if you read Job 1:3, 3:1,3 you will see Job's own children enjoyed birthday parites. You must read all three verses to see that birthdays are definitely meant.

Further, 1 Kings 9:16 shows that many people were killed when a later Pharoah captured the city of Gezer to give it to his daughter who had wed King Solomon, and yet those opposed to birthdays do not oppose the giving of gifts even though people died on that occasion. The apostle Paul says at Romans 14:1-5 and Colossians 2:16 that if Christians do or do not celebrate Sabbaths or any other holy days is not a critical matter for salvation but that mature Christians do indeed allow freedom to differ in views on such things.

Nor is celebrating birthdays somehow giving undue honor or worship to an imperfect human creature. Instead it shows appreciation that the Creator gave life to a child, honors the parents who helped bring the child to life, and imparts joy to all who participate at the celebration. Truthfully, how many children ever feel that when their parents hold a birthday party for them, their doing so is some form of worship? And how many parents actually think that they worship their kids when giving them birthday parties?

Joy is good and all good things are from God Almighty. In fact Galatians 5:22 says that true Christians abound with the positive fruits of Gods Spirit which include love, joy, peace etc. Also note that Christ says take the narrow road to life which is not one confined to a set of narrow-minded rigid joyless views but one that is narrowly, intently focused upon kindness toward others. Reading all of Matthew 7 enables a better appreciation that this is the real truth.

Please feel free to make and share copies of this publication so that others will also know the Real Truth about birthdays being 100% acceptable for Christians. Otherwise possibly years from now your own relatives or offspring may also become deceived by those who give wrong information about it.

For Free Christians News: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/ Bible literature & songs:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/reformjwsandfriends
  • rmayer32
    rmayer32

Congrats on your freedom!!!! Enjoy it to the fullest!

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit