Ozzie's Weekend Poll #9

by ozziepost 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    But, the rumor mill has to feed the studies, right?

Knowledge is power, Lew. They like to make it seem as though they are in "the know".

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 30 June 2002 10:1:37

• blondie
    blondie

Was this one mentioned?

Who is that?! Have you ever heard of that person? How long and when did they go to this congregation? Are they here? Can you point them out?

(and you have been attending 10 years yourself)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh yes, Blondie, that takes me back! We had an announcement of the DF of a person we'd never heard of. Turns out she was an immigrant from NZ and the rules had to be followed!!! So the local Sydney congo formed a JC to 'deal with' this person who had fled from whatever was taking place in her homeland. Because a Sydney congo handled the matter, they had to announce it!!! Talk about ridiculous! There was a buzz around the KH as everybody tried to find out who it was that they had never heard of, but now they must shun. B****y stupid!

This post is dedicated to the Pharisees class in all their 'glory'!

Cheers, ozzie

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Blondie, I have to imagine that when my DAing was announced, that was the general response from the R&F. I had been inactive for about 5 years, so no one there really knew me, only a few.

Ozzie, maybe they see knowledge as power, but repeating privileged information is nothing more than gossip. Real knowledge is what led me to where I am today, free from the dubs.

Lew W.

• Jewel
    Jewel

3 and 23, I'm sorry to say. Unless, of course we already knew what was going on. This was when I was younger.

As I got to be an older teen, there were a couple of disfellowshippings that were due to the fact that the disfellowshipees had tried to stand up to some really bad moves on the elders' parts. I was getting jaded by then and knew those dsfwshpings didn't have anything to do with sin but everything to do with power.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Mostly, I just felt sad. Even though I never *wanted* it to be the truth, I did believe it was the truth, cuz I was indoctrinated from a pretty early age. I remember plenty of df'ings, many of which were the same people, over and over and over, and I always just felt sad that someone else had "fallen away."

In retrospect: 20. Where is he/she sitting? Are they here tonight?

Not the the practice of df'ing is funny, but I remember a few announcements that are funny to look back on; the df'd one HAD been there that night, and just a few minutes before the announcement, had gotten up from their seat in the back, walked past the whole cong w/ head held high, and left out the door close to the stage (yes, there was also a door at the rear). Their way of turning *their* back to the cong, I think

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Number 3!

• roybatty
    roybatty

#17...I always felt bad for the family. In the circuit that I grew up in, there were literally dozens of df'ings. One would always hear through the grape vine what happened, but I always felt pity seeing the rest of the family going to the KH and being treated like they had the plague. Wicked little men those elders are.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I know this is evil but everyone used to look forward to the talk a week later - the local needs - that would pretty much spell out what the person did. DFings used to be a huge deal in our hall. Sisters running to the bathroom crying and stuff like that. It's really a shame when look back at it now. All that pain and stress for something that really doesn't mean a thing.

• Patriot
    Patriot

"They must have had sex"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit