Ozzie's Weekend Poll #9

by ozziepost 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Yes, it's time to put the Sunday papers down and get in some serious polling. We've gotta be quick, because we don't want to miss any of the World Cup Final!

So, here's this week's topic (it's a long one!!):

What was the first thing you thought of, when you heard that someone had been DF?

1. They deserved it!

2. They must have been unrepentant.

3. I wonder what they did?

4. I'll have to ask elder's wife for the gossip!

5. Another one!

6. I wonder if they'll come back?

7. Do the elders know all the facts?

8. Well, I don't care, I'll still talk to them.

9. Were they fairly treated?

10. Where's the stones to stone him/her?

11. Glad it wasn't me!

12. I wonder who's next?

13. I'm so glad that Jehovah's organisation has such a "loving arrangement".

14. Here we go again!

15. Sister so-and-so will be so mad that she missed the meeting tonight.

16. Wait till I tell __________ about it!

17. The poor family!

18. I must see what I can do to help the family.

19. I will ask the elders what I can do to help the family.

20. Where is he/she sitting? Are they here tonight?

21. That's one less Kingdom Ministry to hand out!

22. I'll see if I can take over his/her magazine order.

23. I can't wait for the local needs talk, to find out what they did.

24. A sure sign we're living in the "last days".

25. I'm so glad that's over!

Well, there's a greater number of responses on this poll, you may think of others, so feel free to add, starting at #26.

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i just thought it was scandalous.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Well I have to go with #3, 6, & 8

-Rick

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The only thing I wondered was "WHAT DID THEY DO"??

Likely it was some SEX SIN. And I wanted to know the details.

I never forget, my father, who was an elder, once told me that a young sister in the congregation had confessed to the elders that she had a chronic masturbation problem and fantasized about many of the boys in the congo while masturbating. God my Father was a deviant. I never forget the relish in his voice telling me this, I wonder if he paid her a shepherding call?

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

# 26 Who did they screw?

I was usually fairly self-righteous about it till I got caught up in one, then I just thought, 'You poor bastard - what have the mongrals done to you...'.

Always wanted to know what they'd done, of course.

Cheers, Max

• Englishman
    Englishman

Good Mornin' there, Mister Ozzie!

Hmm, surprising as it may seem, I was a dub between 1953 and 1972, and during that time no-one was ever disfellowshipped from a congregation that I was attending. We had a few probations, some secret and some announced, but no DF's at all.

Back to your Q, when I was attending the Stubbington congregation back in the 70's, we were often visited by people from the neighbouring congregations. This was common back then, many congs held their meetings at different times on Sundays, some mornings, some afternoons and some evenings. If you fancied going out for a day to the beach, you just attended the WT at the nearest KH that held its meetings at the time that suited you best, so that the rest of the day was free.

One regular attendee from the neighbouring KH was a Goldie Hawn look-alike named Julie *****. She was an absolute stunner, Julie arrived at our KH usually in the morning so that she could spend the rest of the day at Hayling Island, dressed in short shorts and a skimpy top. But, best of all, she also drove a TR2 sports car.

She was a few years older than us randy males, but I recall that she was a pleasant girl who didn't make any of us lads uncomfortable just because we fancied her like mad.

One day we heard that she had been disfellowshipped for "Conduct unbecoming a Christian". Back to your Q now, Ozzie, and I'm afraid that none of your multiple choice Q's cover what we thought. We all assumed that she had been given the old heave-ho because some fella had finally managed to get his leg over the delightful Julie, what the truth was we never did find out.

Poor Julie, hoisted by her own prettiness as a supposed fornicatrix!

Englishman.

• Prisca
    Prisca

My thoughts were (in no particular order):

2. They must have been unrepentant.

3. I wonder what they did?

5. Another one!

6. I wonder if they'll come back?

16. Wait till I tell __________ about it!

20. Where is he/she sitting? Are they here tonight?

And I laughed at this one:

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Eman.

Hayling Island? !!

Ain't that the place where the beach is all big pebbles?

"Hayling" - should be "hailing", perhaps?

Cheers, Ozzie

BTW who you going for? D'ya think the hun can make it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Pris,

And I laughed at this one:

Only @ that one? !!

I guess we can all cringe at our responses back in the borg. We weren't too gr8 @ reflecting the Father's forgiveness, were we?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ozzie,

I laughed at it cos it sounded like it was a remark the one getting df'd could make. Don't know if that was your intention or not, but that's how I read it.

But I agree, it does make us cringe to think of how unChristlike we were in our responses to those who went before the judicial committees!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit