ANYONE OWN A WATCH DOG? I NEED ONE

by Trotafox 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Plmkrzy

OMG You thought I was making a play for your brother? Nope....just interested in his dogs.

Trot (still chuckling)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

LOL Trotafox

My e-mail is acting up. again. anyway I sent him your e-mail addy and the link to this thread. I haven't been able to retreeeev all my mail yet It's not a virus though I had it scanned by the scan doctor. It's my e-mail ISP is drawing WAY too much juice and causing things to freeze.

I wasn't thinkin' that...hahahahaha. I forgot that I mentioned I had a brother who has raised dobies for years. The first thing that entered my mind when I opened this page was

"HOW does she know who my brother is!" LMAO! I totally forgot.

• larc
    larc

Trotafox, I think that every dog's instinct is to protect, no matter of their size, so yes, you should have them on a leash in public, in an unfamiliar environment. If someone made a sudden move at you as a sign of affection, your dog does not know that, if the person is a stranger to them.

• Patriot
    Patriot

Trota:

I probably am on a control trip...most K9 cops are assholes!!

I have arrested people who have had altercations with neighbors either in the hallway or in their apts. bacause their dogs got "loose" and protected its owner.

Its not fair, but thats for the judge to sort out. Once a complaint has been made an arrest is next.

You'd be surprised the amount of people looking to make a fast and easy buck in a lawsuit.

Probably the best thing to remember is this: an animal is just that "AN ANIMAL"... with its own instincts and reactions. Even with the best training, you can't guarantee a dogs reaction to certain situations no matter how many times he's been in it before. So, ok, you can get a $ 350 Doberman which will be perfect for you and your work situation but just remember to cover your butt legally.

Mav.-

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Patriot/Mav: Gotcha. I know where you're coming from. A Dobie just may be too darn much for me to handle though and I really don't need a lawsuit. Appreciate your advice. Read your web sites re K9. Found the "alpha" material very interesting. Was not aware of "alpha positioning". Can a cat try to be the "alpha" or is this just a dog kind of thing?

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit