What Would You Have Done?

by Dutchie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Likewise remember this, one untrustworthy witness does not make the rest crooks.

Maybe you could forward this statement on the boys in Brooklyn. If they stopped condemning all others because they might have a few bad apples, maybe you guys wouldn't catch so much flack for yours!

Lew W.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

What would I have done?

I would have used the ID in the wallet to track the person down. Then I would have called them and said "I found your wallet with $285 in it!"

Hmmm

• Salud
    Salud

It all comes down to the individual and the values that one shares and holds. In my years in the organization I met many fine individuals that even to this day I trust and I would invite them to stay at my home. These are fine people who try to live up to the standards found in the Bible. They are just controlled by the WT. But I also met individuals in the organization that I would not trust if my life depended on it.

The fact is you find these types everywhere. When I lived in Utah I came accross many Mormons who were Bishops but were the most back-stabbing, greedy mongors that you ever met. But I also met many fine Mormon individuals that I would walk a mile with. The same goes for Catholics and really any other religion. I would venture to say that even among ex-JW's you would find poeple that you could not trust and act just like the 'sister' in the exp related by Duthcie. By the same token I also have found ex-JW's (some on this board) to be honest and sincere individuals that are like family to me.

It all comes down to what is important in our lives and what value system we live by. Of course the Bible can have a positive influence on people, but in the end it is up to us individually.

Salud

• professor
    professor

wholewheat says:

Tell me the Watchtower that states that I will be disfellowshiped for being on the computer. There is no where in the Bible where it forbids Christians from getting on the computer and talking to faceless people with silly monikers. C'mon Dutchie, you can do better than that!

Are you claiming ignorance of the Society's ban on talking to disfellowshipped ones or do you really think it is okay with the elders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit