Disfellowshipment

by larc 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

Since I was df'd for not breaking contact with a df'd person, the whole idea behind the 'Jehovah-disciplines-those-he-loves' principle was too much for me to believe in & stand up for.

Yes, I knew it was coming. "So, because YOU (jud committee) point your righteous finger to say this person is no longer worthy of God's mercy & loving-kindness, and YOU judge that he has sinned beyond Christ's sacrifice ... and you want to show your version of Jehovah's discipline and 'bring him to his senses', break up his family (wife, 4 kids)--- you are demanding that I ignore him at all times, let him no know I no longer care for him or consider him a worthwhile human being, let him starve spiritually & emotionally after he has given this organization 22 yrs of his life??"

What love they show! Such mercy? Let's review the list of those Jesus shunned or df'd?

Sincerely believing & practicing something as if it were right will not make it right even if it really is wrong.

enjoyed your post gopher :]

I hear ya' signgirl- dipping should not be 'pushed' as it is- especially on the young. They act as if the big 'A' came tomorrow, salvation would depend on if you got dunked or not- yet they constantly preach 'safeguard your heart- Jah can read the heart' ... only those inside the ark were saved in Noah's day, being 'baptized' as it were thru the flood... the Isr were 'baptized' thru the Red Sea. If Jah can read the heart, what's the rush? ok, I'm ranting now- sorry... :-]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit