Disfellowshipment

by larc 30 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

On the subject of disfellowshipping, there is something I don't understand. Many here have told their stories as to what happened to them. I have to ask this question. Why are you surprised as to how you were treated. You knew the rules, inside and out. Now, if you get a modicum of attention or communication, you should be thankful. After all, disfellowshipment means spiritual death. Now, you know that as well as I, so why are you surprised when you are cut off. You knew it was going to happen. For those of you who were surprised by the consequences, would you explain to my why the surprise for you? When I left, I fully understood the consequences.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

When I disassociated, Larc, I knew full well the ramifications and chose to anyway. The thought of them shunning me and no longer expecting me to perform free labor on their cars didn't really bother me. If one chooses to cross the street if I am coming along, so what? Although I disagree with the shunning, I could care less what they do. That is, until they step inside my home. That is where I draw the line. DA'd or not, this is still my home and as far as I am concerned, if they cannot be cordial to everyone inside the home, they are not welcome. Of course, since the dub wife and I split up, none dare come by anymore. But, before we did split, I would be damned if I would leave the room if any came by or that I would accept being snubbed inside my own house.

In fact, if the situation had been reversed and it was the dub wife who had DA'd and I had remained, I would not have tolerated her being snubbed inside the house either. But, it's all academic now. That is just the way I am.

Lew W.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Good for you D Red.

By the time I got disfellowshipped I had been out 8 years and didnt care anymore.

I took the latest girl I was fornicating with to the commitee meeting and we all screamed abuse at each other across the table.I wanted to say how I really felt for once. I was virtually ostracized most of my teenage life in the dubs anyway,always being in trouble for one thing or another. So I was used to the shunning.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

RF your DEfp'd! and I've been convorting with you.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I DA'd myself so as not to give them the satisfaction to disfellowship me. They had been watching me and waiting for a couple years anyway, so by the time I caught wind of a JC I really didn't give a shit what they thought.. and they found that out very quickly

-Rick

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Plum.

" convorting " .... do you mean conversing?? or CAVORTING??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't know I thought that meant something....LMAO

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Plum.

"Cavorting" is dancing around in the woods playfully. I dont remember doing it, but It sounds like a cool idea.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Can I get DeFp'D for that?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

perhaps we could dance merrily in the woods up at the "deliverance" river hideout.

Id like to see that, one day....that would sure be nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit