Disfellowshipment

by larc 30 Replies latest jw friends

• curlers
    curlers

Larc

I just had to respond to your post. When you're a JW and brainwashed, you buy their reasons for disfellowshipping. When you get away from the JWs and get a brain that can think for itself, any moron could realize that disfellowshipping is the most UN-Christan action. The Bible and the scripture that JWs use to defend their position is typical JW garbage where JWs put too much emphasis on a single phrase or sentance. The Bible is meant to give meaning through a whole passage not just one line. What about the prodgical son parable? What about Jesus time on earth?

The biggest problem with disfellowshipping is the un-natural cut of tie between families especially parents and children. An organization tells JWs that they're more important than family ties. Its all blasphemous.

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Larc,

I understand the point you are making, and how it involves accepting personal responsibility. I agree wholeheartedly with accepting personal responsibility. However, we as human beings have the basic right to an accepting and nurturing environment within our families.

This being the case, how about this illustration: Another basic human right is to eat. But what if we were to exercise our right of free will, and then be punished with little or no food? If we were to get a little tidbit here and there, would we be grateful thinking that we really don't deserve any? No. This is oppression.

We as human beings have a need and a right to eat, as well as a need and a right to be with our families. Anything else is immoral.

As a group, those that shun us are committing crimes against humanity. They are oppressive, and endeavor to manipulate us through guilt and shame.

Therefore, it is well within our moral rights to call attention to the immorality of shunning.

FreePeace

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Being disfellowshipped is something I chose. I did not need to be DF'd as all I had to do was keep my mouth shut and deny deny deny. That of course would have been possible until my Fornicatomate had our kid. I knew exactly what was coming and I really didn't care.

However, I was totally caught off guard (with devestating effects) as to how much it would actually effect me. Even though I thought the religion was BS I tried for a year to get back in and made several attempts over the years as well. I had no idea how ingrained I was with JW doctrine until I was DF'd. Up until 3 years ago, almost 10 years after the fact, I would've still refused blood at the cost of my life. The belief that I was going to die at any moment because armagedon was coming stayed deep inside me for almost 10 years.

gsx1138

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey larc,I just walked away.I think most dubs don`t fully comprehend DF until life puts them on the other side of the boot.Until then it`s a tool to help people get back to W.B.T.S..I`d rather be dead than go back.Better to be dead dead,than to be part of the living dead...OUTLAW

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Better to be dead dead,than to be part of the living dead

Exactly.

• larc
    larc

I agree with those that pointed out that disfellowshipping is a very harmful policy. In my own case, I simply could no longer remain a Witness, do matter the consequences. I did luck out in several ways. Just before they were about to take action against me, I took a job out of town. They never did follow up and track me down. Also, my parents were disfellowshipped because they could not give up cigarettes, so I was able to maintain a relationship with them. My sister had little to do with me for 15 years. Then, my wife, my sister, and I had do deal with a family crisis. Ever since then, my sister and I have been on good terms. We communicate often, and we have a don't ask, don't tell unspoken policy regarding religion. I have one very judgemental cousin who I have not talked to in over 30 years. Frankly, I don't care if I ever talk to her, ever again. She can put her judgemental attitude where the sun don't shine, as far as I am concerned.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Just a thought that came to me the other day... There is no list of sins/crimes/rules, that when commited unrepentantly are disfellowshipping criteria, in any case it is up to the local JC, so it is a very wishy-washy court anyway. Therefore, how can anyone really know exactly how far across that line they've gone?I was always given the impression DFing was for 'things like fornication, adultery etc'. But it seems much more vague than that, and I never thought it was for disagreeing with the literature, though I did get some funny looks!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    "deliverance" ?
    As long as it doesn't involve religion...lol
    Just make sure it doesn't involve squealing like a pig :o

DocBob...ROLF!

• signgirl
    signgirl

Has anyone ever wondered why witnesses, who are supposed to be following Christs example, are encouraged to make a dedication to serve God and get baptised so young? After all Jesus was 30 or so wasnt he?? I know myself being in my 30's after having been baptised at 18 and married at 21 that you think a whole lot differently as you get older, if we all didnt get baptised so young, there wouldnt be so many disfellowshipped, and we all wouldnt have to be suffering the consequences of it.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

I personaly could never understand the reasoning in thinking if all your so called friends ignore you and act as though you were dead that its going to make you want to bust your as$ to get back in the organisation. Just dont make sense to me................................Jedd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit