Well another one leaves the Borg.

by John Aquila 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Good for him. Interesting experience.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Perfect ! He stated everything clearly.

When you read his 100 per cent true story as to why he broke away, it amazes the mind that millions of folks actually follow that nonsense.

• stillin
    stillin
    Low hanging fruit. That's what the witnesses are looking for. They say that they are looking for ones who are "sighing and groaning" over the detestable things of this world, as though they are the only ones who really care about things, but what they want is to take advantage of people in a weakened state.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    Great experience. the magazine are for elementary reading thats the education most dubies have.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

JA, great story. Thanks for sharing!

The "experiences" that people share here are so much better than the fake ones on JW programs. Why? Because they are real!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Heaven

If someone has a logical, reasoning mind it gets more and more difficult to accept what they try to shove down your throat day in and day out. And it's not just one little thing. It's EVERYTHING! The heap of crap just gets bigger and bigger.

He thought it was ridiculous that the young pioneer sister (Who was interested in him) kept turning him down for silly reasons.
    When he invited her out of town, He made sure she understood that he would pay for separate rooms. But she would kind of lose it and start gesturing frantically with her hands like if he had proposition her for sex and then she kept going on and on that it would be displeasing to Jehovah and bring reproach on the congregation.
    He knew at that point that something was wrong with these people.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I started noticing things, like the elders of the congregation. I mean these are the leaders, the examples, and they are the stupidest people I have ever met. Have you ever heard their talks? I mean it’s crazy. People praise them after a talk and all they do is read an outline and spit out a couple of stupid jokes that make no sense. That’s what I’m supposed to strive to be like? Like these nincompoops?”

“Have you met the pioneers? All these people want to do is work part-time meager jobs, and go door to door peddling their magazines. Oh, have you seen their magazines? They are like 1st grade reading material.”

That is so true.

I’m just upset I wasted a year of my life.

If he's upset over losing a year, then how am I supposed to feel? I lost most of my life and all prospects of ever retiring.

--------------------------------

This fellow left over what he observed in a short period of time. He problably knows nothing of the crazy history, failed prophecy, deceptive writing, money-making, etc. Imagine how he'd feel if he knew all that.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I love the way he turned the tables by the fact he wanted to shun you when he thought you were still a cult member.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

On the other side of the story, I feel for the young pioneer sister that was interested in this guy but had to follow what she had been taught. She is a born in and has a very strong love of God, even though she has no idea that what she was taught, was a messed up, twisted doctrine of God.

I saw her grow up in the congregation, she was absolutely gorgeous.

I mean stunning.

This girl could have easily gone to Hollywood to pursue an acting career and she would have succeeded just by her looks. She is going to be 30 next year and has never been married. So after this young man left, she is back to square one hoping to serve in some place in the boonies where the need is great.

I hate seeing her grow old right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do about it. I remember around 10 years ago this girl came to hug me for something I did for her and I still remember seeing that her skin was flawless and glowing like ember. And her hair was as black and thick as raven feathers. She had the most beautiful blue crystal-clear shimmering eyes that would just bring any man to his knees begging for a small conversation with her- or at least a pad on the shoulder as a sign of her approval.

Now, last time I saw her she had a few grey hairs and it seemed to be thinning. Also I could see little signs of crow’s feet around her eyes that were starting to make an entrance into her life because of her pioneering in the sun every day. But to make it worse, she was convinced by the elders and the Circuit Overseer to decline her scholarship and start pioneering.

Seeing this is what make me believe that if there is a God, He doesn’t give a F*** about us.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    He thought it was ridiculous that the young pioneer sister (Who was interested in him) kept turning him down for silly reasons

I don't know where this took place but flying to New York or to San Diego seems like a big commitment. If she didn't have much money she would be completely at his mercy financially and maybe she didn't like that. Also, if she was attracted to him perhaps she didn't trust herself besides not trusting him. I don't think being in that circumstance and turning it down was a "silly reason" at all. I don't know her age but there might have been a difference in maturity besides the difference in education and experience in life.

Most of the other points he makes is valid but her turning him down is something that, from what you told, seems perfectly reasonable for an attractive young lady to do even if she didn't explain it in an articulate way for him to see her point of view.

edit -- now that you explained more about her after I wrote my post I will make no more comment about it since you know her very well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit