Recommended Lodging List

by piztjw 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• piztjw
    piztjw

Just a few instructions orders from mother about motels.

Please use only hotels that appear on the Recommended Lodging List.       (One page, with only ONE motel locally)

One night’s deposit (credit card, money order, etc.,) is REQUIRED, and should be sent to the hotel within TEN DAYS of making your reservation.       (Payment in advance for the ONE night that might be needed for the now only one day CA)

The circuit or the Society is not responsible for any problems, mistakes, or difficulties that may arise, inasmuch as your arrangements will be made directly with the hotel.        (So you are told what motel you can use, but any problems are not in any way to be laid at the doorstep of the WT&T$)

Makes perfect sense to me. . .NOT! 

• Simon
    Simon

They probably got a deal of some sort - why else would they have a recommended list? I wonder if it's a kickback or something they have shares in?

But they don't want to have any responsibility when it comes to potential problems. Then they want to have nothing to do with the arrangement.

The best of both worlds! (for them)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Why mail the deposit? Don't dubs have credit cards?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Isn't this due out this week with Convention assignments?

Doc

• coalize
    coalize
    I don't know if it was worldwide the same, but when it was about the list of the hotels, my parents always had hotels at 25 miles of the convention. The elders, always had the hotels close to the convention!
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

To add insult to injury, the list is posted on the board and you are instructed not to make copies or take photos of the list. The group of people ganged up around the list after the meeting reminds me of cows gathering around a bale of hay that has been tossed to them from a truck.

use only hotels that appear on the Recommended Lodging List

Wouldn't this be a sort of oxymoron?

Bobcat

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know if it was worldwide the same, but when it was about the list of the hotels, my parents always had hotels at 25 miles of the convention. The elders, always had the hotels close to the convention!

Reminds me of the miles we had to walk from the carpark to the Maine Road conventions while the elder who organized the parking somehow got to park on the grounds.

It's almost like it was just a man-made organization with the same backscratching going on as any group that doesn't have open structures and oversight.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

growing up my mother was always too poor to pay for hotels.

we got to stay at real peoples homes.

for free.

when and why did that ever stop?  that's how people could have made some friends.

my mom always offered her two bedrooms for every convention in our city. and the co stayed at our house a lot. and my dad wasnt even a witness . he tolerated it.

[ but deep inside  I knew he did not like it.]

the last few conventions i went to i just drove back and forth over the three days or two then one. cost too much for a hotel. could never sleep in those things.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I have actually been able to get a few good deals by using the "recommended rooming list" when visiting New York. Not bad considering the tens of thousands that I have 'donated' over the years to the wtbts.

My brother has helped in the "Rooming Dept" for conventions. Yes, the brothers in the upper echelon do get free rooms from the hotels on the list, according to him. They also get their rooms way ahead of the posting of the rooms on the list.

It's always good to be "big" in the borg!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• coalize
    coalize

As I can see it's everywhere the same! :)

we got to stay at real peoples homes.

Ah yes! You're right, When I was young, I remember we went at another people home. But when I grew, and really remember, I just remember the shitty hotelsfar away...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit