The WTS and WALT DISNEY

by Sangdigger 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

It has recently occured to me after visiting one of Americas largest family theme parks that there are similarities between the WTS and Disney.

We all know how the WTS puts much emphasis on appearances. eg...Men must wear suits, ties, no beards, no hair touching the ear or collar, no pants for women, nothing that would appear "wordly" (for those of you not informed, "wordly" refers to anyone not a JW)

While touring Disney earlier this year, i had the oppurtunity to leave the magazines with a nice young......HAAAA!!!!!!!! Caught you dozing off. Ok, it wasnt funny. Anyway, i met a guy who used to work for Disney on his summer break, (he was a college student) and somehow the subject came up about the safety of the rides at the park, ect... and he informed me that an undetermined ammount of people had died from accidents at the park. This really didnt surprise me too much, considering the stupid things people do, and the rides themselves are subject to failure. But what caught my attention was when he said NO ONE HAS EVER DIED ON PARK PROPERTY. But i thought you just said..... I did. Apparantly, they have an around the clock coroner, who when someone dies for whatever reason, throws the body in his car, and drives just far enough to be off park property, then pronounces them dead!! That way they can boast that no one has ever died at Disney. Then he told me a grizzly story of some guy who got out of his log on the log ride while it was moving slow, then tried to re-enter it, and was run over by the next log behind it. No problem. The ride was stalled long enough for several guys (in suits) to clean up the mess, haul the body off the park property, and proclaim it dead!! Downtime for the log ride? About 30 minutes.

Trash is supposed to be picked up within minutes of being thrown down,by an amazing ammount of janitors. Mickey and his friends are always somewhere in the park, but its not the same mickey. The entire park is connected by underground tunnels. So when Mickey leaves one section of the park at 3:30 pm, another Mickey pops up at 3:31 on the other side.

No one who is employed by Disney is allowed to have a visible tattoo on them, and if its a guy, no ear rings, or body peircing of any kind. Hmmmmm i wonder if they allow it on National Gay and Lesbian week?

The similarities of two corporate giants were starting to emerge in my mind, when we visited MGM studios, and my wife and friends asked me to ride the TOWER OF TERROR. I explained that i had already ridden it for most of my life!!! Needless to say, i rode the Disney version of it too. Although i must say, the ride itself, while fast and scary, was over in a relatively short time, and i could leave it mentally and physically in one piece!! And all my friends were still my friends when it was over.

• D8TA
    D8TA

oooooh, you forgot one point:

They are both "mickey mouse" operations.

D8TA

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Im still laughing.....Good one! How could i have missed that one?

Cheers

• abbagail
    abbagail

Disgusting yet Fascinating at the same time, about the dead bodies.

I "thought" a dead body could not be MOVED UNTIL the ME/coroner comes to check it out. THEN the dead body can be moved, after it is inspected by the ME and pronounced DEAD.

Sounds like Disney is doing it in an underhanded manner, i.e., MOVES the dead body (off property) and THEN pronounces it dead.

How do they get away with this? Was that kid jiving you?

I'd love to see the Death Certificates and/or Coroner's Reports on these people: "Mr. Jones "died" about 200 yards on the other side of Disney property from excessive bleeding of his crushed leg, which he evidently sustained after being run over by a Log Ride but, miracuously, after this accident he was able to drag himself all the way across the Disney Wonderland, bleeding all the way, and stumbled, no doubt out of his delirium, past the other side of the Disney fence where he collapsed and died. He just happened to be found by Dr. Death, the inhouse Disney medical examiner who just happened to be casing that exact area looking for other dead Disney visitors...."

All in all, your WTS/Disney comparison was very funny! Tower of Terror... teeheee ;)

GRITS

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

As a matter of fact, I once heard that the watchtower learned some things from observing how Disney conducted its theme park. For instance, the matter of crowd control they learned from emulating Disney and the fact that music is played prior to the sessions to set the mood is copied from the Disney organization who plays music in the park to set the mood. I don''t know if its true or not but there are noticeable similarities.

• Farkel
    Farkel

sandd,

: The similarities of two corporate giants were starting to emerge in my mind, when we visited MGM studios, and my wife and friends asked me to ride the TOWER OF TERROR. I explained that i had already ridden it for most of my life!!! Needless to say, i rode the Disney version of it too.

My favorite Uncle invented that ride and his Company in Logan, Utah manufactures and sells those rides. I worked for him at his facilities for about 16 months a few years back. Knotts Berry Farm also has 4 of his towers, each 310' high. The ones at Disney's California Adventure shoot you up and the ones at Knotts shoot you down (or vice-versa. I forget). They are in over 20 countries throughout the world, including Kuwait and Mainland China. Six Flags, Universal Studios, and Cedar Point Ohio also have his tower rides. For you Brits, he has one in Blackpool and another one in another park in Great Britain.

He's invented a new roller coaster that shoots you straight UP 300 feet and then straight down 300 feet. I'm talking a 90 degree angle. He's not very educated, well-read or literate. He's just a genius and I love him like a brother. He's only 7 years older than I and we pretty much grew up together.

Here's his Company's Web Site if you are interested. BTW, I was the one that came up with his Company's new motto: "We Make Rides People Look Up To."

http://www.s-spower.com/

Did you know that Disney prefers to hire Mormons for their parks? Yep. Mormons fit that "clean cut" image they are trying to sell to the public.

This brings up an interesting idea: why doesn't the Watchtower Society also hire Mormons for their congregations? It wouldn't be any worse than it is now!

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 27 June 2002 21:33:0

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Did you ever notice how most JW's love to go to Disney as if it is the "New System" where everything is perfect? They all love Mickey but hate Santa. Isn't that a good comparison also?. Really what is the difference. They are against spiritism and magic, and anything to do with sorcery or witchcraft, but that is what most of Disney entertainment is all about. Double standards I guess.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Farkel, are you in your uncle's will?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hmmm Farkle does your uncle have ohh lets say a son, grandson????

Ven

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

You guys might find this interesting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit