The WTS and WALT DISNEY

by Sangdigger 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Venice,

: hmmm Farkle does your uncle have ohh lets say a son, grandson????

He has tons of grandkids. He has 9 kids. He's a very devout Mormon. He's only 61 years old, so his grandkids are still young. My cousins (his sons) and I are like brothers even though the oldest of them is still under 40 years of age.

He gives not 10% but 20% of the zillions he earns every year to his Church and he gives away zillions more to people and good causes. The more he gives away, the more he earns. I visited his new home after we buried my father in September. My dad was 17 years older than him. That's why he an I are so close in age.

His new home has an 8,000 square foot "rec room" which is its own separate building on his compound. It has a full movie theatre which can hold about 35 people, a professional bowling alley with two lanes, a shuffleboard table, a full-blown soda shop straight out of the 1950's, and more stuff than I care to mention. That doesn't count the separate building he has for his indoor racquetball court, his regulation tennis court, his skating rink, his snowmobile shed (8 brand-new turbo-charged sleds), his horse riding area, his three-story slippery slide he had custom-made for his grandkids, his four acres below with two volleyball courts, a Swiss-Type Chalet he had imported from Finland, RV hookups for visitors and his three Elk, which required a special permit to keep.

You may find this absolutely impossible to believe, but he did all of that for his family and friends. He is absolutely one of the most modest and humble people I have ever known. He couldn't care less about his toys. He gets more of a kick inventing high-thrill rides that are impossible to invent that he does about his toys.

I will have to talk about one exception to what I said: he loves to go snowmobiling and next to his wife, it is his great passion. His custom turbo-charged sleds can go 100 mph UP a 45 degree grade. He bought a huge snow cat for the sole purpose of grooming the hills in his neighborhood so he and his family/friends can have a better time snow-mobiling without as much fear of avalanches.

He is a remarkable man and it is a joy to be around him.

Farkel

• Prisca
    Prisca
    He is a remarkable man and it is a joy to be around him.

What a lovely thing to say about a person, or to have someone say about you.

• Mary
    Mary

Both can make the same claim:

It all started with a Mouse..............

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

(although I admit: Mickey was alot cuter than Charles Russell..................)

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Farkel, thats really cool about your uncle. Tell him i really, really enjoyed his ride, and really wouldnt mind living in Utah. oh, and i love the snow too. haha. It just goes to show ya, brains and alot of book larnin aint always the key to success. Somehow i fit the first profile, but not the second one (success).

Thanks Freindly FellaAL for sharing the document. Like i said, appearances are everything when your concerned with the outside of the cup and not whats within.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

No problem. I frequent that website (http://www.snopes.com) because they have so much great information on so many different subjects. They've got a whole Disney section that goes into the myths and urban legends surrounding some of the animated films. It's a really great read.

There's also a really great book called Inside the Mouse (I think) that details what it is like behind the scenes of such a massively large operation...really makes you stop and think. Also a great read.

• mommy1
    mommy1

Where do Witnesses go during Christmas? Disney World. Growing up near Disney we would see alot of witnesses we knew at Disney enjoying the majic kingdom and haunted house lol.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

If I was a Witness I'd probably avoid Disney World like the plague during the holiday season. Of course now I'd love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit