Things just got worse

by MrMoe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Many of you know what a year I have been having...

Things got a wee bit worse for me...

I work for a non-profit membership based high-technology Corporation. Monday they laid of 2 people. Today, when the CEO realized what happened with MCI, and after a phone call with a company called Symbol, we lost a wireless deal that was basically going to save our company. With MCI in the toilet, that chance is gone. So, my company laid off thier entire middle management team (and most of thier admin dept.) Including... me. The company has until August with a small skeleton crew to make a miracle or they will go under.

Perhaps I am in shock, or perhaps I have been through hell and back in the last 12 months that my skin is made of bone. Either way, I am having the worst 12 month period of my life.

I am going to try to go to school, I want to be a nurse. Now is my chance. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because I can't loose much else.

Amanda

Edited by - MrMoe on 27 June 2002 19:31:1

• Gopher
    Gopher

Amanda,

So sorry you have to endure all this.... And yet out of this untenable situation can come a real opportunity for you to create a better future! Nursing is a great profession, I admire their work. They have helped me during my 3 recent surgeries -- calmed me down, lessened my pain -- I cannot tell you how much they are needed and appreciated! (I barely ever saw the doctors.)

And the nursing profession will not be swayed by a stock market trend or an accounting scandal. I think out of the ashes of of the present, will be a more solid future (once you put the effort forth to build it.. I know you can do it!!).

-- Jeff

• Francois
    Francois

Go for it Amanda. If you're doing what you love, you'll never work a day in your life, and the money will follow.

Francois

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Moe)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry about all of the difficult life circumstances you have had fall on your head. I know what it can be like. You hang in there, kiddo! Even if it is by your fingernails.

Even with everything that has happened, you are still able to see opportunity in your future. You have one heck of a spirit!

Andee

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Amanda,

Do not get too 'down' about it - always try to see the bright side of things (might that be 'new light'?).

I know what it is like to be jobless... been outta steady employment since November last year.

Somehow... not sure how... I have been making it so far. <fingers crossed>

<ok - toes crossed too>

If you need anything - you have my e-mail.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HUG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Take care.

Jim TX

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Amanda,

Hopefully another opportunity that you never anticipated will present itself.

best wishes,

--Eduardo

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Amanda, if worse comes to worse you can always move in with me! Consider this an open invitation.

• LB
    LB

Good grief Amanda you've had a hell of a year. I'm glad you can find the positive about this already. Want to be a nurse? Then be one. I think you'd make a fantastic nurse, it takes a special person to be able to do that.

Another positive, you don't have to go to meeting tonight

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Amanda, I'm so sorry for news. Our very large company will be announcing layoffs soon, and everyone (including me) is on pins and needles. No one's safe ... So I really feel for you!! And may be in the same boat soon.

Unlike you, I don't have a great back up plan, although I'd love to! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity: and it's certainly a much needed field right now.

Best of luck and hang in there, hon. ((()))

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Amanda,

Hang in there, sweetie... what a bunch of crap to have to contend with all at one time. Pullin for you here. It's a weird shocking feeling, I know.

Right now where I live they are like going nuts for lack of skilled nurses. There is a nursing shortage just about everywhere. Go for it hon

lauralisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit