Any ex-annointed ones here or know of any?

by carlitos71 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tdogg
    tdogg

I was always glad that I wasn't "annointed".

We had this gal at the hall, she was 45-50 maybe and was of the remnant, allegedly. It was strange, the way you were supposed to treat one like this. It was a kind of open reverance almost, but secretly there was a mocking aire to the whole thing. Nobody belived she was annointed! It was one of those things you could only talk about with your trusted brothers (someone who wouldn't or didn't need to use it against you.) So there were these individuals or small groups that believed something individually, but as a group they believed something entirely oppsosite. Ahhh. Unity.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I knew of one "anointed" in Montreal - very old and everyone believed she was anointed.

Also had David Splane as a CO or was that DO for a while. He was partaking and although no one questioned him about it there were a lot of questions about him being so young.

I also know my ex-husband wife-abuser- child abuser 2 times divorced thought he might be one of the anointed. I wanted to laugh in his face every time he told me that. Seems anyone can convince themselves of anything. Weird thing is if he had "come out" so to speak I think a lot of people might have believed it. Personally I think I would have been glad cuz that would have meant that I wouldn't be stuck with him forever.

• abbagail
    abbagail

This is interesting...

There was one of those "goofball" types of guys in our KH who partook. And like some of you said, nobody dared "question it" publicly, but the eyebrows would certainly go up in private conversation...

I always wondered about the "germs" if too many drank out of the same glass... yukky!

And as Matty said, I remember the "stock answer" was: You "just know" if you are or aren't. (Reminds me of an attorney I used to work for. He used to say, "You are born knowing whether you are a Plaintiff's attorney or a Defense attorney...") LOL.

I never had an urge for heaven, not before or since JWs. (Terra Firma is fine with me, too. I just hope the "paradise" removes the unnecessary humidity in FLA.)

GRITS

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

I think it was the Memorial I went to in '86 (held in of all places Aurora [CO] North High School) that was co-led by one of those "annointed" folks...he actually tried to be a little discreet about partaking right there on the stage....moved off to the side and held his head down low as he sipped and eat the bread....

then there was this "remnant" brother who had severe MS...had a lot of people's sympathy...i wonder if he's dead yet? but nobody questioned his claim to being "annointed". but this one sister who was "born in the truth" and claimed to be "annointed" seemed to be questioned by quite a few behind her back....sexism perhaps?

the "stock" answer I heard often when I was growing up: "It's like being a boy or a girl. You don't need to ask yourself which sex you are...you just know."

I guess they've never heard of transgendered people....

the dustrabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit