HOLY CRAP JWS at my door!!!!!

by LDH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

LDH,

If they were women, I'd say there's a good chance they were coming back (the ones I knew were really out to 'help' people). Young guys? If they're anything like me and my friends were, they're just jackasses out to collect a couple service hours.

Bodhivista,

I was just thinking that I wouldn't think of Newsweek as apostate. You could probably have taken it out at the door and I wouldn't have run (like I would have if you had pulled out, say, a Ray Franz book!). I think that it's a great way to 'witness' to witnesses that come to my door.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

they're just jackasses out to collect a couple service hours.

You have me cracking up hahahah

How do I make the face where the teeth are showing? I can't work the toolbar. Joe--you're incredible--- too funny....

I'll be smiling all day

THANX

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Here you go YoursChelbie:

Type Emotion Graphic Type Emotion Graphic
    [>:( ]annoyed[:(! ]angry
    [:( ]frown[:) ]smile
    [:|? ]puzzled[:D ]big smile
    [:I ]blush[:o) ]clown
    [:O ]shocked[:p ]tongue
    [:X ]kisses[;) ]wink
    [=:O ]amazed[? ]question
    [^ ]approve[|) ]sleepy
    [}:) ]evil[8> ]sarcastic
    [8) ]shy[8D ]cool
    [B) ]black-eye[v ]disapprove
    [xx( ]dead

NOTE: I have added a space before the second ] character to stop them being converted to smilies so you can see what the codes are. You can also copy & paste the smilies themselves now.

• belbab
    belbab

Lisa,

If they don't come back, then write the local KH and give them,.....whatever.

Tell them you had some questions that you wanted to the answers to. Sincere questions , maybe about UN, or about the suicides or anything, but it has to be something that will draw them back.

I can just see the talk at the next service meeting, Brothers we got this letter and the lady said that some one of you publishers told her you that you wouldcome back and you didn"t! They'll get a lot of mileage from it.

walter

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

LDH hasn't updated us lately...think they DID go back???

• obiwan
    obiwan

I think she's MIA send in the exdubs,full extraction.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I feel so left out. Dubs never stop by my door. Couldn't be that I am marked as a "no call" because I threw those elders out a couple years ago, could it?

Thinking back, I should have planted my size nine boot up their butts!

Lew W.

• LDH
    LDH

Those sons-a-bitches did not come back. Jehoover's Holy Spit must have mis-drected them.

Maybe tomorrow?!?!?!

Lisa

• obiwan
    obiwan

They probably knew you were going to spit on them.

• Wendy
    Wendy

Hey Lisa,

Here is a link to what happened back in January when they visited me, Needless to say, I haven't heard back from them haha.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20186&site=3

Well what a suprise and welcome to the neighborhood. A young man(alone) just knocked at my door wanting to share a scripture with me on the conditions of the world today. The kids were working on their math so I had a few minutes to play, so I bit He opened up Timothy and read what "horrible" conditions we live in today. I couldn't help but state that those "conditions" are really just human nature and they have been around since man has. He agreed but said I should agree that things are just so much worse now...I didn't

I told him that there are many good things occuring in this world today, and that even in public school's now they are teaching programs on how to be a better neighbor and friend. Teaching morals to children has always been a priority of churches with Sunday school geared towards the younger generation. Also the UN has made great strides in ensuring world peace. See where I am heading with this?

Well he wasn't to be sidetracked, he needed to finish his speach, so he opens up Revelations where it says God is making a new heavens and a new earth. He then quickly jumped to the "What does God require of us" brochure and offered to leave it with me. I told him I may read it, but I was an atheist and felt if God required something from me, I am sure I would find it without his or anyone elses help.

He was so young, probably mid twenties maybe younger. An older woman saw he was still at the door and walked up on the porch, she then invited herself in and since it was so cold I agreed. She then took over...lol part of me wanted to tell her, you go girl We discussed my opinions on god and she was so willing to show me from the scripture why I should believe in him. Anyway, I will leave that out and get to the good stuff.

They brought up again how horrible life is and how we need god now. I said I thought that UN was doing a good job and asked how JW's felt about being involved in other organizations to help improve life on this planet now. They gave the spiel(sp?) of how they are relying on God to come save them and will not be part of this world and support any govt or earthly organization to do this. Jackpot!

I then asked, well "The JW's applied to the UN in 1991 to become a NGO and agreed to support the charter of the UN. So if they are relying on God why are they willing associating, and actively seeking out association with the UN? Oh and BTW don't you believe that anyone associated with the UN will be destroyed?"

Wide eyed open mouthed relpies, No way would the JW's be a part of the UN. Neither one was aware that the org was even an NGO. I told them about the Guardian article and repeated the name 3 times just in case they wanted to look up themselves. I even gave them instructions on calling the UN and asking about the status of the WTBTS. I wish I had my copy of the letter handy I would have shown them that as well. I told of my discussions with Bryce in Brooklyn, and said what a nice young man he was and how helpful he was, encouraging them to call as well.

I had my PC right there and offered to pull up the site that showed their association in laymens terms. Of course they denied, the woman was getting antsy, and explained the dangers of the internet and how we cannot believe everything we see on it. I told her I agreed and I was very careful on what I DL as well. But I did reiterate that the WTBTS was on the Official UN site.

Long story shorter? I agreed to take their booklet, and I said I may read it. And I would welcome them back anytime to have a cup of coffee and discuss anything they wanted. I told them who my mom and family was and they knew us through the grapevine. Hmmm maybe I will get an elders visit after all these years, I can't wait
    wendy(of the Advertise, Advertise, Advertise class)

When I leave, you will know I have been here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit