HOLY CRAP JWS at my door!!!!!

by LDH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

OK, they caught me off guard. Two young men. They said, "Hello we're bible students in the neighborhood with the latest issues of the Watchtower and Awake."

I said, "Ummmm I'm with the baby, can you come back in a few?"

"SURE!!!!"

OK, Now I haveto get my packet of pre-prepared (is that a word???I'm nervous, haven't "witnessed" in a while, LOL) printouts from Dateline, and the Watchtower website.

I'm going to roast some JW ASS for sure.....

back later.

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

LDH..think they'll really come back? Waiting anxiously....HbH

• belbab
    belbab

Lisa,

Just show them the baby, and ask them if they think he/she will get through the Big A if it came tomorrow.

Tell them you can't imagine the Universe doing that just because you didn't read the Watchtower and Awake magazines.

Ah, tell them what you want, youll know how to do it. I,m just talking to the press gallery.

Walter

• City Fan
    City Fan

Since I did my 'points to talk about' sheet they've not been back.

Let us know how you get on!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Go to the door naked!

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

MrMoe, I think I've been to your door!!

Seriously LDH, I'm dying to hear how it went. This should be fun!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

http://www.msnbc.com/news/767800.asp?cp1=1#BODY

Witness To Shame

Ripple effects: Anothe eligion faces a scandal of its own

By Julie Scelfo NEWSWEEK

June 24 issue As Roman Catholic bishops issued a mea culpa last week, Jehovahs Witnesses, a cloistered group of 980,000, moved closer to facing a sex-abuse scandal of their own. In January a woman from , filed a lawsuit charging that church leaders knowingly failed to notify civil authorities that she was raped by a member of her congregation.

A leader in was indicted in February for sexually assaulting three women who say they were told by elders not to report the abuse, and were excommunicated when they did. After additional ses aired recently on TV, a victims support group run by William H. Bowen was deluged with e-mails and phone calls. Catholics only protect the priests. Jehovahs Witnesses do it for any member of the church, says Bowen, a former elder from .
    Day of Atonement
    Sara Poisson says that prior to her husbands conviction for sexually abusing her daughters, church elders told her to pray more and be a better wife. Church spokesman J. R. Brown says the group instructs local leaders to notify police when required by law. They also conduct their own investigation: That consists of going directly to the accused. If someone confesses, says Brown, he will be prohibited from going door-to-doorunless accompanied by another Witness. Brown points out that people who accuse the church are often lapsed Witnesses, and open prey for exploiters. But victims like Poissons daughter, Heather Berry, 20, say its the church that does the exploiting. Theyre letting the kids down. I dont think theres anything Christian about allowing abuse to continue.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Can't wait to hear how it went!!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

You get 'em Lisa! I think the word is just "prepared".

LOL@Mr. Moe.

• LDH
    LDH

OK still waiting....

WTF are they????????

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit