HOLY CRAP JWS at my door!!!!!

by LDH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

HI! What is the sheet or points you are going to use when the witnesses come back? Would LOVE amunition to use against my mother. But, don't get your hopes up, as usual, if you start making a point with them, or they aren't getting anywhere with you- they will either change the subject or excuse themselves. Nice try- and great if it makes you feel better- but YEARS of programming won't let them be "misled' by someone at the door- trying to witness to them! I am so frustrated with TRYING to "Talk" (ARGUE) the bible with my mother- she always says "Its a mystery" if she doesn't know the answer or "Just believe." Or it takes faith- or would I lead you astray! PLEASE! Now I see why children move miles & miles away from their families! I am stuck here, because of my husbands job- just 15 minutes from the KH & ALL My family & "friends' of witnesses. There is no escape! BUT, if you guys do know of a sheet of arguments or points- PLEASE share it with me- I'll try ANYTHING! P.S. Because I am not dissed- and live in the territory- and my WHOLE family are witnesses- I get two car groups EACH Saturday. They really never try to witness- just ask what my problem is- ooh & aw over my beautiful house (just built) and my new Mercedes- but I am sure they are thinking "She is so worldy & materialistic" Then don't stop! :-)

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

PS- when I was going door to door- if I said- "I'll stop back later" or if someone asked me to- it could be a week, or that month- I never stopped back same day- were they just there today? Don't hold your breath. Probably won't even be same couple that stopped.

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

LDH...Bet they don't come back...only out til noon..they have their time in, so forget you!

• ISP
    ISP

Keep up the preaching work, Lisa!

ISP

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

good luck.

offer them in if it starts getting good.

offer them something to drink.

if they accept, drug them.

take off their clothes...

get out the camera...

then mail the pictures to the local kingdom hall.

just kidding!

have fun!

katie

• LDH
    LDH

HBH,

It's only 10:49 in California. Side point, I am already sweating like a pig cause it's almost 90 and I'm weeding the flower bed, whilst I periodically duck in to the computer room to updates yas.

Lisa

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

sweat and ldh...i likes it

• zanex
    zanex

rip em to shreds lis...send whatever u dont tear up to me...tell em that u know of a "poor lost soul in need of saving" then send em to me...I know just what to do....(sinister chuckle)

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

The witnesses are repeatedly told not to accept stuff from householders, but I have an idea. It takes a little more preparation time.

If you are not known to the local witnesses, see if you can find out the name of a local elder. If not, do the following when they come to your door:

Apostate: "Oh, Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you know J..." [stutter]

Witness: "Jawaharlal Johnson?"

A: "Yes, that's right."

W: "Oh, yes, he's a fine brother. He's in our congregation."

A: "Well, if you're going to see him in the next few days, perhaps you can get this to him sooner than I can. I know he's anxious to see it."

Hand them the July 24 Newsweek, complete with a small sticky note on the page with the article plm cited. Elsewhere include another sticky note or two with some primo apostate sites - maybe Quotes or Freeminds, or maybe an article on the UN issue (with "wild beast" and the URL on the sticky note).

The result? They take what they perceive as a harmless news magazine to give to the brother in question (or, soon to be under questioning!). Maybe they sneak a peek at the bookmarked article, maybe even memorize a web address or two. They pretend they didn't see the information and give the magazine to the brother, or they turn it - and him - in to the elders. Worst case is he's suspected, more than likely they'll figure out your angle. Either way, two or more people are exposed to the thought that all might not be right in the state of Brooklyn, without having the opportunity to smugly say "I refused apostate literature at the door."

• SYN
    SYN

If I was a Dub, LDHs door would be the very last one I'd want to be in front of! Those Dubs are going to be "well done" when they leave your house!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit