WORLD OF LIES COMING UNRAVELED

by You Know 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• You Know
    You Know

Some historians date the beginning of the end of the Soviet Empire to the Chernobyl disaster, for the reason that for several days after the explosion, as the radioactive cloud floated quietly over Europe, the Soviet government said nothing to warn people of the dangers that may have minimized some of the exposure. It ruined their credibility, from which they never recovered.

Presently, the whole capitalist system has an even worse credibility problem. Each day brings new revelations of massive corporate fraud that has resulted in billions of dollars being lost by investors. The so-called new economy was cruel big hoax perpetrated upon gullible minds. In spite of 40-year low interest rates, emergency cuts made in the wake of the post 9-11 panic, the world markets are, again, melting like an ice cream cone in July. Friday's scandal du jour was Rite Aide pharmacy, whose officers "misstated" earnings by over a billion dollars in order to deceive investors. Today's fraud du jour is World Com, or perhaps more appropriately---World "Con," who so far have the record for largest corporate rip-off, so far at least, and may leave debt holders stuck for as much as $30,000,000,000, which is more than the crushing debt of many 3 rd World nations. And of course Enron, Global (double) Crossing, Tyco, Merrill "Lynch'm," and "Imclown," and a host of other book-cooking companies are all fallen angels that have appeared on Wall Street's police blotter of late.

What is becoming increasingly, undeniably, apparent is that the entire system is rotten to the core and has remained viable these past few years only because of the all-pervasive government and corporate statistical fakery and outright fraud that has been the basis for the so-called economic "recovery." Now, though, confidence in the game is lost and the world system's ability to sustain itself is now being brought into question. That brings us to the Watchtower.

Confidence is a very fragile and delicate thing that can easily be shattered. The Watchtower's credibility is equally in question in the minds of some due to numerous policy quaffs and outright lying and hypocrisy and seeming indifference to the ferment taking place in the organization. Sadly, it has resulted in many being stumbled. While I have no interest in pointing the finger of blame, as there seems to be plenty of that already, yet the facts remain that the Society has betrayed the brothers to some degree, and perhaps the end result may not be dissimilar to the way corporate scandal and fraud is now rocking the financial world to its foundation. Yet, regardless of the shortcomings of Jehovah's servants, the word of Jehovah remains true. So, the question is: Does Jehovah still merit our faith and trust? And indeed, if Jehovah's word foretold the scandal and blindness that would effect Gods people in the last days, is it not all the more reason to trust Jehovah?

Back in the early days of the Watchtower Society Charles Russell was the dominant personality. He was the Watchtower. And, there was a cult-of-personality that hung on his every word. So, when Russell unexpectedly died, the faith of thousands of Russell's faithful devotees died along with him. Like the Corinthians, who claimed to belong to Paul, or Apollos, or Peter, such persons were mere followers of men and didn't possess the child-like faith that Russell himself possessed and advocated. That was then, and the Russellites have faded into irrelevance. But, now, there are millions of Jehovah's Witnesses who claim to have faith in Jehovah, but who are more or less followers of the Watchtower Society. So, a test is in order. A refining and smelting process is the way the Scriptures illustrate it. And what better test than that Jehovah should allow the Watchtower to go down in disrepute, and go down hard? That way God could allow each person to demonstrate whether they really had trust in him or whether they were just following the leader, as is the human tendency. Of course, loyalty and devotion are two separate things and it is possible to be loyal to the Society without having our faith bound by their every utterance.

There are in fact numerous prophecies that speak to this very test that God has arranged, which I am not at liberty to speak about presently, except in generalities. But, whereas apostate JWs may imagine that they are doing something of their own accord, the prophecies indicate that they are serving Jehovah's purpose as well, just as even the despicable Judas served Jehovah's purpose.

But, perhaps those with some remnant of spirituality, those who have not yet suffered complete shipwreck of their faith, can now better appreciate what Jehovah is talking about when he speaks of the need to level every mountain-like obstacle to his glory in advance of his arrival.

Prepare the way of Jehovah, you people, make his way straight.

Every gully must be filled up, and every mountain and hill must be leveled down,

And the curves must become straight ways and the rough places smooth ways;

And all flesh will see the saving means of God.

/ You Know

Edited by - You Know on 26 June 2002 11:26:45

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

You Know,

And all flesh will see the saving means of God.

Yes, they will.

Thanks for your post, there were some elements of it with which I wholeheartedly agree.

IW

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Thanks for that cup of morning gloom and doom. I was feeling a bit too cheerful this morning, but you seem to have taken care of that.

Tell me YouKnow, do you ever have a cheerful thought that doesn't involve the end of the world, or the colapse of civilization as we know it?

Ciao,
    Anton, for whom pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

"There are in fact numerous prophecies that speak to this very test that God has arranged, which I am not at liberty to speak about presently, except in generalities."

Ooooooooooooooohh! Good thing anybody can read the Bible without your help, then, since you're not at liberty to tell us what it says.

You are so full of yourself, or you would be if the rose fertilizer left any room.

Robert Frazier

Edited by - robert_v_frazier on 26 June 2002 10:18:4

• hybridous
    hybridous
    So, the question is: Does Jehovah still merit our faith and trust?

Maybe He does. How does the WTS feel about it? What has the 'Faithful Slave' been teaching the sheep?

But, now, there are millions of Jehovah's Witnesses who claim to have faith in Jehovah, but who are more or less followers of the Watchtower Society.

Thank's for answering that. But....they were supposed to teach people to build their faith in Jehovah and his Christ, weren't they? How did the opposite happen?

Of course, loyalty and devotion are two separate things and it is possible to be loyal to the Society without having our faith bound by their every utterance.

Of course, the WTS does not agree with your statement, here. And THAT'S how JWs were/are taught to build their faith, can you deny that? Why else would they be in a position of misplaced faith?! Under penalty of disfellowshipping and shunning, Jehovah's 'slave' has demanded just that - JW's are, in fact, 'bound by their every utterance'. And you actually believe that Jehovah would hold deceived JWs at fault because they exactly gave both loyalty AND devotion to the men who demanded it? I smell a double set of scales.

Edited by - hybridous on 26 June 2002 10:43:30

Edited by - hybridous on 26 June 2002 12:33:48

There are in fact numerous prophecies that speak to this very test that God has arranged, which I am not at liberty to speak about presently, except in generalities. -- You Know

You Know,

Did God tell you not to disclose this to the "ignorant" people on this site? When was the last time God spoke to you? Were you speaking to a burning bush, or did God use a new medium of communication? LOL - is this the same spirit that Rutherford was referring to?

Every gully must be filled up, and every mountain and hill must be leveled down - - You Know

Sounds like your god has the same environmental policies as our current leader, George Dubya Bush. LOL

Edited by - 144001 on 26 June 2002 10:38:8

• Southland
    Southland

Edited to delete duplicate post.

Edited by - Southland on 26 June 2002 10:49:53

• Southland
    Southland

Interesting post ... I agree with most of it ... I am actually able to weed through the Lyndon Larouche and some of the other nonsense put forward by You Know.
    I do think the markets are in a near meltdown ... my investments (401k etc) have suffered tremendously, and we are close to seeing Dow closing below 9000 for the first time in a long while.
    The interesting thing is that there have been increasing references by the Society emphasizing loyalty and devotion to "God's organization here on earth". They certainly would not agree with You Know that
    it is possible to be loyal to the Society without having our faith bound by their every utterance.

I'm just of the mindset that it doesn't necessarily follow that God must have an organization here on earth. I prefer a personal one-on-one relationship rather than using some "channel."

• Englishman
    Englishman

WORLD OF LIES COMING UNRAVELED

When I saw the title, I thought that YK had finally given up on the WTBTS.

Ah well.

Englishman.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

EMan,

That's exactly what I thought too.

But as I only skim read anything YK writes I was sadly mistaken. One can only hope.

I do think if we apply this title to the WT it would make much more sense. It will come unraveled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit