Simple things in life.........(no boobies)

by eyegirl 44 Replies latest jw friends

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i was just sitting here, reflecting on my day. the last month has basically been pretty crappy for me and a rollercoaster of emotions. i knew i was in bad shape when my landlord told me i could have ABSOLUTELY NO PETS in my apartment. i cried the whole way across town. was sobbing walking in the door. looked at the answering machine.....1 message. a woman i worked with called to say that her son had a soccer game in my town and invited me to join her and her family. something so simple!! i think sometimes we forget that the truly simple, personal gestures towards people in our lives are sometimes the most valuable. the game was great and it was wonderful to spend some time in the fresh air with friends.

what are your favorite simple things in life?

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'm not allowed to have pets in my apartment either. You'll survive.

Simple things I like are:

Sunshine.

Rain.

Cool breeze on a hot day.

A beautiful sunset.

Someone phoning me with some happy news.

Hot water.

Electricity.

Friends that know they can rely on me.

The taste of chocolate.

Fresh air.

I appreciate those things, cos not everyone in life has what we have.

• musky
    musky

eyegirl, great post! I enjoy fishing, which I consider a simple thing. I don't need to spend a lot of money to have fun. I enjoy a lightning storm. Watching boats go in and out of the launch at the marina. picnics. musky

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

There are so many simple things in life to enjoy. Since I am buying my house, I can have pets. I have two cats, a male and a female. Both fixed. I recently got the male, a white British Short Hair with one green eye and one blue eye. He has become completely at home and loves to rub up against me. Only problem, his hair gets on my blue work clothes

My main enjoyment, though, is my grandsons. The three year old loves to come to "Papa Blues" house just to play with my cars. I have some metal models, as well as I keep some hot wheels and even got a remote controlled truck. Of course, he gets to play with that one too, some of the time, unless I have drained the batteries.

I made a CD some time ago for his birthday, mostly kid songs and silly songs from years ago and he pretty much knows them all by heart. Mom has to keep them in her car to play for him.

When it is time to go home, though, and I get that bear hug and a big smooch from him, I kind of melt. It reminds me of when his Mom was that little and did the same. The other grandson is almost 1, so I am looking forward to when he gets to play more.

Receiving email makes me smile too.

5 P.M. is another pleasure as it is time to get off work.

Cooking a big dinner for friends and family and seeing everyone chow down and enjoy the meal really pleases me. There are just so many things to make us smile, if we will just let them.

Lew W.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Some things in life are so precious yet are taken for granted every day:

To have good enough health to be able to take a brisk walk in the park.

Being of sound mind.

The diverse tastes of food which please the palate.

The opposite sex.

THE FREEDOM FROM INDOCTRINATION AND SUBJECTION TO AN ORGANIZATION WHICH SHIELDS PEDOPHILES, MURDERS CHILDREN WITH THE STRICT ADHERENCE TO A BLOOD DOCTRINE, AND HAS VACILLATED TO AND FRO ON A LARGE NUMBER OF DOCTRINES ALL THE WHILE LEAVING FAMILIES IN IT'S WAKE.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 25 June 2002 23:51:39

• Nikita
    Nikita

My daughters laughter.

My husbands warm, caring nature.

My dogs(all 3 of them!) sweet devotion. My cat's purrs and gentle kisses.

Running water, electricity, toilets! (I went to Moldova for 11 days, where most people live with these on an "as available" basis IF at all!)

Cool breezes after a long hot summer day!

Thunderstorms! (love 'em!)

The crunch of fall leaves under my feet. The mountains around my home in the Fall-BEAUTIFUL!

Playing games with my family and friends.

Watching my daughter play pee-wee basketball!

Nikita

Edited by - Nikita on 26 June 2002 0:1:59

• COMF
    COMF

I bought fresh fruit and vegetables at a farmers' market today. I ate strawberries on the way home, and had a couple of plums and a couple of peaches while hovering over the kitchen sink, they were so juicy. They were all ripened to perfection. This evening for dinner, I sauteed onions, crookneck squash and tomato slices... and had them with new potatoes; again, all fresh and ripe and full of wonderful flavor.

Ah, life is good!

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

My wonderful husband of 10 years

My three toy poodles.

My step-grandson- Samuel (1 years old)

sitting outside on a cool summer night listening to the crickets chirp and just soaking up the peace.

having a hotdog roast with just my husband and I alone talking about nothing important.

the freedom of religion, choosing how to serve God.

Life is great.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Sorry to hear you've been having an off month. I feel mine hasn't been too good either. Just a lot of things coming at me at once. Not the least being my cat being hit by a car. He's ok, but now I'm even more over protective over him than I was before.

Today I pulled up to buy petrol (gas) and as I was driving my sons car I forgot to press the button to open the petrol cap. So walked back to do it. Someone who drove up after me, grabbed the feeder thingy from where I was positioned first - which seemed very bad mannered to me. I guess I felt disappointed that someone could be so mean spirited. You are so right that we can impact positively towards our fellow man and our thoughtfulness can make all the difference to someone's day. We should all try to impact positively on others.

Marilyn

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

jjrizo, I totally loved your comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit