MORE ANSWERS TO 65 QUESTIONS: 11-21

by You Know 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• You Know
    You Know

Frusr8ed indeed says

What I have noticed is that the JW's must jump through a massive tangle of hoops and use there altered bible in order to back up there doctrine.

The "massive tangle of hoops" are the tortured reasonings, born out of ignorance, that are presented to us as if insurrmountable. By the way, the person who posted the 65 questions on the Internet made it a point to use the NWT in his line of questioning, since the questions posed used the NWT certainly no one can find fault with me for using the NWT in my answering. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

a token response to get your rubbish back on page one? lol, pathetic.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

Yeah, thanks for helping out. / You Know

• JeffT
    JeffT
    16. Since the WTS has received "new light" regarding the 1914 generation, and completely changed their views on this, does this mean that all the former Witnesses who were disfellowshipped years ago for the same view the organization is now teaching will automatically be accepted back into fellowship again? Were these ex-Witnesses in fact disfellowshipped for what is now taught as "the Truth"?

I have never heard of anyone being disfellowshipped for such a thing. The vast majority of those who are disfellowshipped are those who commit adultery and fornication and various other sins. Typically those who are disfellowshipped for apostasy disagree on a broad range of issues and not some insignificant aspect of our teaching.

In the late seventies a large group from two congregations in the Tri-cities, Washington area were disfellowshipped for exactly that. They began discussing among themselves the possibility that 1914 was not meant to be taken as a literal start date for "this generation." The whole bunch was disfellowshipped for that and that alone.

Disagreeing with the Watctower's current doctrine on ANYTHING will get you disfellowshipped, unless you keep it to yourself.

Regarding their version of apostolic succession, they have long taught that there was always a member of the faithful and discreet slave class around, They just can't say who it was.

• You Know
    You Know

In the late seventies a large group from two congregations in the Tri-cities, Washington area were disfellowshipped for exactly that. They began discussing among themselves the possibility that 1914 was not meant to be taken as a literal start date for "this generation." The whole bunch was disfellowshipped for that and that alone.

Understandably, when a large number of brothers get together like that the Watchtower has to take action. Otherwise you have a situation like where even more brothers and sisters have their faith subverted. There was no way that anyone back then could have known for sure what they were talking about, they were simply engaging in speculation of their own, speaking out of mere faithlessness and nothing more, and hence were no longer qualified to serve as Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for the apostolic succession, just having an anointed person on the earth does not constitute apostolic succession. / You Know

• one
    one

YK,

Great Teacher, youknow how stupid we are.

Then why load us with 10 out of your 65 answers? FOCUS!

KISS

Did the WT school teach you anything?

Is it that you still folowing the 6 MONTH rule.? therfore you ae in hurry before the great A.

• Salud
    Salud

JeffT

Good point. Why is Barbara Anderson in the process of being disfellowshipped? She disagreed with the Society's policy on reporting child abuse. That in itself is causing dissention according to the Society, hence worthy of disfellowshipping, nothing more nothing less.

Ray Franz was DF'd for having a meal with a disassociated one. Hell, you don't even have to do anything wrong, just think it, and your out of here. This is the only organization where you get into trouble just for thinking something different. Countless examples of this. They strip every JW of that freedom.

You Know... your reasoning on JW doctrine is some of the best I have heard from JW's, incl. DO's and CO's. Too bad it is flawed. You should consider coming over to the Dark Side.

Salud.

• Earnest
    Earnest

YK,

Thanks for the clarity of your answers. Looking forward to the next batch. The strongest objection, imo, is that of HS who said, of some of your answers, that they were opinion and not fact. When it come to interpretation of scripture that has to be true, it can only be opinion because if it was fact then it would never change. That is true whoever interprets scripture. So why should Watchtower prophetic interpretation be accepted as more correct than that of any other body of believers?

Earnest

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Earnest,

What YK has not divulged to us, at least in this latest rote of exchanges, is how much of his 'understanding' have been as a result of academic research and how many as a result of a visitation by Christ's spirit upon him.

It is important to be aware of this, as any academic would freely and humbly admit that their views are exactly that, views open to adjustment, reversal or indeed solidification as more knowledge becomes unearthed.

One who feels that they have had a special visitation from above is generally arrogant, dogmatic, unyielding, proud and convinced beyond common sense.

I shall leave it to the readers to decide which category Robert and the GB of Jehovahs Witnesses fall into.

Best - HS

• You Know
    You Know

What YK has not divulged to us, at least in this latest rote of exchanges, is how much of his 'understanding' have been as a result of academic research and how many as a result of a visitation by Christ's spirit upon him.

I openly divulge that I know the Scriptures, and that Christ is the source for such knowledge. I freely confess that I know the truth about Jehovah and Jesus. Like 1st John 5:20 says: "But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one." / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit