MORE ANSWERS TO 65 QUESTIONS: 11-21

by You Know 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• You Know
    You Know

I dont remember any refrence to a second heavenly hope, but that when the anointed were filled (144,000)armagedon would come.

They are right in that respect, or worded more correctly, when the sealing of the anointed is complete then the angels release the four winds of destruction that they hold in restraint until Jehovah's work is done. The timing of these events is really the only thing that's been in question. The older anointed ones had premature expectations, not unlike the apostles, and yet Jehovah's purpose continues to unfold regardless of when we may think things should have culminated. / You Know

• SYN
    SYN
    14 .Since the WTS currently rejects most of the teachings of its founder, Charles Taze Russell (who was president of the organization from 1879-1916), and since they also reject "judge" Joseph Franklin Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president from 1916-1942, how can you be sure that in 25 more years, the WTS won't reject the current president, Milton Henschel (1992-present), as they did Russell and Rutherford? What kind of confidence can you have in an organization that rejected its founder and first two presidents for the first 63 years of its existence - over 50% of the time they have existed?!

Thats simply not true. The basic doctrines that were originally discovered and established by the Watchtower's Founder are still the core of our teaching. Our confidence is that our doctrinal foundation is soundly based upon God's word. The thing that has gotten us into trouble at times is erroneous interpretation of prophecy. But, prophecy is not necessarily doctrine and is much more subject to error and subsequent revision.

So what exactly would YOU consider to be a major doctrine, YouKnow? You don't specify. I need this information so I can flame your religion, please reply nicely!

• hannibal
    hannibal

YN,

Timing of these events is one question but not the only question.

comparing the premature exspectations to the apsostles is a

reach to say the least. Using this as an excuss for clear statements

from the bible about speaking in Gods name with out permission,is dangerous.

No one has a problem about speculating on things, i do it all the

time, But those who demand such power in the name of God

cross the line time and time again.What does the bible say

about how we would Know if it is from God. Does God allow

his chosen people to mislead his own nation?Why did jesus

rebuke the pharasees, not becuase they didnt know law, but

they were so wraped up into themselves, and when the real truth

came they didnt hear it, becuase thay thought they already

HAD it! If you feel you already have it, fine. Beware for a

fairly agressive additute adjustment.

• joenobody
    joenobody

YouKnow,

Since when is the "generation" teaching insignicant? It was used to motivate people to alter their lives and decisions regarding employment, education etc by stressing that time was getting short as these people approached their 70s and 80s.

Why was this "new light" on "this generation" revealed AFTER there was no possible way it could be fulfilled. You must admit the chain of articles stretching and extending the length of a generation and what a person who lived in 1914 would've had to have seen has been a focal point of the Witnesses for ages.

I expect you to conveniently sidestep this as you do all other issues you do not want to tackle.

Edited by - joenobody on 24 June 2002 12:58:19

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

20. If Christ will not have a visible return to earth, then how will he be seen by "ALL the tribes of the earth" (Mt 24:30), and by "EVERY eye" (Rev 1:7) when he returns? How can Christ "APPEAR" a second time (Heb 9:28) if he will not have a visible return to earth?

YK said: You neglected to quote the entire verse at Matthew 24:30, the first part of which reads: "Then the SIGN of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation." So, it is some sort of miraculous manifestation of Christ's presence, a sign, that the nations will be forced to "see," and not the literal form of the Son of man.

YK,

Sure it does. The Sign of the Son of Man involves many disturbing things causing such grief but among them will be included the literal form of this same son of man appearing as promised in scripture, notice:

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

And this going into heaven was in a physical human form visible to His disciples and verified by the men in white robes whos information cannot be challenged by you or the Watchtower.

YK said: Such a thing is not possible anyway. If you recall, Paul had a close encounter with the glorified Christ, the only human ever to do so I might add, but the point is, that Paul was blinded from Christ's glory for several days. That gives us some idea of the glory of the Son of man and why it is that the nations will not literally see him.

So what? Our Lord did not appear in human form to Paul because such a return in human form was reserved for His second coming which we are discussing here. Did you forget our discussion on this forum regarding the first 10 questions that our Lord now has two natures and can use whichever one He chooses? This personal appearance to Paul for the purpose of selecting him to be the twelfth apostle was appropriate and prevented anyone from coming to such false conclusions. The Kingdom will be here. All resurrected or changed mankind will live here. Christ will return here to rule and everyone will see Him literally as promised.

Joseph

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

youknow

What I have noticed is that the JW's must jump through a massive tangle of hoops and use there altered bible in order to back up there doctrine. Yes the JW's can use scripture to back it up...anyone can make scripture fit there doctrine. I make my doctrine fit the scripture....and well, when I read the bible, on it's own, I sit and wonder HOW can the wts come up with this stuff??

of course the wts is the one that said if you read the bible alone you would fall into darkness.

but all this does not matter to me...what matters is that this is an organisation that allows NO FREEDOM to see things a diffrent way. There is also the issue of the "un-noticed" effects that the WT has on it's followers. My wife has started going back to KH last Sept. and there are 2 very noticeable things I have noticed. Now I once had an elder tell me to look at the "fruits". Well the fruits I have noticed so far is that my wife's doctor has had to up the dossage on her prozac (her depression is at new highs that I have never seen in the 7 years we have been married) AND she barely takes a shit without permission from the elders or the lady that she studies with. So you go ahead and argue all the doctrine you want....I have seen the fruits You Know...and they are rotton!

• Valis
    Valis
    That indicates that rather than an unbroken line of succession, there would instead be a revival and restoration of what was lost.

And to assume that Russell was the one responsible for that "revival" is a joke. All he did was take lots of snippets from his past religious experiences and ball it up into yest another ludicrous notion of Christianity. You can't get away from that fact You Know. If there were some revival where is the provable point of authenticity? There isn't one and if that isn't as plain as day then perhaps I should just consider the source and call it good.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "sociopathic thug" class

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

If I am in error, surely someone will set me straight.

Interesting. Time and again individuals have exposed you for your contradiction and hypocrisy, and outright false accusations. Have you EVER admitted you were wrong or apologized? No. So dont lie to the board.

but the silence of my opposers speaks with "incredible clarity" as to the complete impotence of the apostate to offer any sort of reasonable rebuttal.

You and your delusions of grandeur. You think FAR too highly of yourself Robert. Just because you spend all of your time on an internet board does not mean that some people have the time and boredom to sit and constantly reply to your posts on your own personal time schedule.

On top of that, maybe many have chosen not to reply to you because we are sick of your bullshit.

Your gloom and doom and arrogance have worn terribly thin.

Jason - of the Apostate THUG class

• hillary_step
  • dubla
    dubla

yk-

If I am in error, surely someone will set me straight............but the silence of my opposers speaks with "incredible clarity" as to the complete impotence of the apostate to offer any sort of reasonable rebuttal. / You Know

here are two threads where i specifically and unequivically showed your error........

>>> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30085&site=3&page=3

>>> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29888&page=8&site=3

.....and yet your silence continues to speak with "incredible clarity" as to your complete impotence to offer any sort of reasonable response. you utter your biblical interpretations left and right, and challenge anyone to show your errors, yet when faced with the fact that you have been specifically proven a liar, you cannot admit error. with this pattern of behavior set in place, what good would it do anyone to show more of your errors, when you are obviously either too delusional or too arrogant to admit the errors that have already been shown? lurkers can see by now that you are nothing more than a slanderous liar who only responds when it is to your benefit.

Or, I could just as easily re-title it: Apostate Dubs silenced. LOL / You Know

and perhaps we should retitle the above two threads: You Know Silenced. LOL.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit