Ear pierced

by blahman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Fig leaves are back in style? G-R-E-A-T News! That HAS to mean we can throw out the pantyhose, too, eh?

Oh Happy Day...
    Oh Hap-py DAAA-ay, When Jesus walked.... Ohhhh, yeah, when Jesus walked....
    He washed our sins away, Oh Happy DAAAAY....

I must get reinstated ASAP if pantyhose are a thing of the past.

GRITS ;)

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It's all a conscience matter my friend....I treated myself to a tattoo for my birthday a year and a half ago! And, the tattoos of a hopi tribal symbol to boot! (How pagan). It's so hypocritical - tattoos are only deemed as "wrong" because society sees them as rebellious.

• TheRedPill
    TheRedPill

"the tattoo scripture" -- Lev 19:28. This scripture is obviously to be taken literally. "Thou shalt not get tattoo's"

Lev. 19:27 -- "You must not cut your sidelock short around, and you must not destroy the extremity of your beard." (NWT) Obviously God was just kidding with this scripture...everyone knows that you can't be a spiritual person in good standing with God if you have a beard.

Lev 19:19 -- "...and you must not put upon yourself a garment of two sorts of thread mixed together" (NWT) Damn...there goes almost all of my District Convention suits...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Princess,

I love tattoos too! I have one on my tailbone that I totally love and Neil thinks is HOT. I love it when a guy has one or two. When their whole body is covered in them I don't think that's too attractive. Just my opinion...

Andi

PS: Interesting how one scripture is taken totally LITERALLY to the WTS, but another one is totally ignored. Don't they know that those rules and regs in Leviticus are rules enforced with a small group of people back in Biblical times??? I can't believe they don't read scriptures in context. Ugh.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Nope, he was baptized, he didn't have them in very open places, (his chest, and his upper arm) and it was pretty common knowledge that they did in fact exist. They gave him a lot of crap, but he did eventually become an MS...I think they figured after all the crap he pulled when he was younger, a few tats were better than some of the other stuff he did.

Reborn, I know it's weird, but I guess it just goes to show the contradictory nature of the elders...

Edited by - joannadandy on 24 June 2002 14:52:58

• simplesally
    simplesally

Blaman, I am assuming you are a man,,,,,,, so, I think thaat you should ask: since there are no distinctions betweeen male and female, why then is it ok for a sister to have pierced ears but not a brother?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit