facial hair and dubs

by not interested 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lastcall
    lastcall

This subject always burned my butt. I know a few also who have written the society and spoken to C.O.'s about beards, goatees, etc. The answer is always something like, " ...we see no scriptual problem with this, however if it would detract from our ministry blah blah blah.... the local Elder body would decide if it were appropriate.... blah blah blah. "

Like many of these supposed "consience issues" they make it so the elders can decide if it is appropriate and then remove priveleges as they see fit. In turn the rest of the cong. will view that person as "weak" or even rebellious if he chooses to perhaps have a goatee.

Meanwhile the GB looks as though they are sympathetic to those who want to excercise a little personal freedom in this matter. That way they can save themselves from critics who would point there rule out as unscriptual.

The fact of the matter is, it would only take just one sentence printed in a Watchtower to resolve everyones "concerns" (can you believe it, they are "concerned" about facial hair). Sentence:

" ... and if a brother were to decide to have a neatly trimmed beard or goatee etc., this would be up to his (or her LOL) own conscience, and no one should look down on..."

That is all it would take. But they will not do it. Why ? Because the Truth is they don't want you to have a beard. They want uniformity to the enth degree. They want control of every aspect of your life.

I am so glad I left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say as I stroke m newly grown goatee.

Edited by - lastcall on 25 June 2002 21:31:51

• one
    one

shaving goes back only decades

not common for thousand of years

Russel/ Rutherford/group control

outward appareance,

hypocracy

group pressure

conformity

imposing personal opinion

counter-nature

politics

resitance to change

nonsense

stupidity

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Zev

I just did the same thing. It feels good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit