What Should I Say ?

by JosephAlward 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Joseph, I am sorry to hear of your father's death.

I hope that your happy memories of him sustain you in your grief.

Perhaps you could tie in Genesis chapter 50, which describes Joseph's intense sorrow over Jacob's death. In addition, the Egyptians, which did not worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob mourned for seventy days out of regard for Joseph.

Our thoughts are with you.

Dino

Edited by - Dino on 21 June 2002 20:56:4

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

I want to thank everyone for their sympathy and their contributions; I plan to use parts of virtually all of them; I especially liked the one from patio: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." That will probably be my ending.

I would be very happy to receive additional suggestions.

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((((((((JOSEPH)))))))))))))

So sorry for your loss.

A heartfelt, "I'm going to miss my Dad" at the end could do no wrong.

Lisa

• rekless
    rekless

I hope when I die, someone will want to think long and hard for the last words and my children will miss me.

i've had sevral gin ain tonics so guess out of all my life this is what I want.

I am sorry for your lost

dan from clearlake,ca.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My condolences, joe. There is a passage, perhaps a psalm or proverb, which says that the day of death is better than the day of birth. Wt enterprets it as meaning that at death one has established a reputation/memories in the minds of others, not to mention a lifetime of contributions of some sort to society. Also, i read that generally, the actual dying process is less traumatic than the birth process.

SS

• Nikita
    Nikita

So sorry for your loss.

((((((Joseph))))))

Nikita

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks Joseph for your kind words.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

Saint Satan writes, "Wt enterprets it as meaning that at death one has established a reputation/memories in the minds of others, not to mention a lifetime of contributions of some sort to society."

That's good, Saint Susan. As one journeys toward death, one gives birth to many good things.

Edited by - JosephAlward on 22 June 2002 13:0:0

• Valis
    Valis

Joseph...I also got a suggestion from one of my Catholic friends, he suggested looking into the book of Sirah, of the apocryphal verses, not included in protestant bible BTW. Apparently there is some very beautiful verse in praise of fathers from sons....more condolences frpm the Texas branch.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

Joseph...I also got a suggestion from one of my Catholic friends, he suggested looking into the book of Sirah, of the apocryphal verses, not included in protestant bible BTW. Apparently there is some very beautiful verse in praise of fathers from sons....more condolences frpm the Texas branch.

That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to find. I'll check it right away.

Edited by - JosephAlward on 23 June 2002 19:11:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit