demonized child

by finnrot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Even prior to our family becoming JWs my mother was fascinated with the occult and the demons. She was some very freaky lady. As far back as my earliest memories my mother enjoyed scarying me. She would tell me that at night time the black gloves would come and visit me and remove the blankets from me, she had me so afraid, that many a night I would awake to my body trembling especially if the covers were on the floor. She derieved a sense of sadistic satisfaction at being able to predict the future, and peoples deaths. She would prepare meals and would say my great grandparents are coming today for lunch althought they never called her to tell her that. She would wake at night and wake my father and tell him someone had just died. She thrived on horror. She was heavily into the beatnik pre hippie time. She seen bizarre things things in her mind and she would scare us more and more. I was a terrified child. When our family started studing with the JWs in 1963, the problem with the demons intensifed in our home. Going to the Kingdom Hall was murder, there were terrible fights leading up to the time for departure to the meeting many times right up to the KH door. and then you had to walk in with a phony Kingdom smile. My mother allegdedly she was attacked sexually in her bed by the demons and she saw things flying around the house.The brothers that made up the old committee of days gone by came to our home and prayed practically every day, they also put the book study in our home, My mother bought the Kingdom RecordSets and they played on our stereo system day and night for years, my mother wore out several sets. We would go to sleep listening to the records. My mother was so high strung and my father was so layed back, I think he is the one that kept us from going insane. It is a terrible thing to be terrifiied everyday of your life. But for most of my life until I left home at 18 I can honestly says I never had a peaceful night of rest ever. My mother has such a wild imagination, I swear it has always worked overtime. I haven't seen in her in over 2 3/4 yrs now , but my aunt who is not a witness keeps in touch with her and she tells me my mother is still the same. How sad to be like that. And as a result of her past demonic experiences she is a fanatic in the organization. So she went from one extreme to the other.

There isn't a demonic story that you could tell me that I have heard of or been through with my mother. How sad.

• LDH
    LDH

OFC,

I caught a snippet of COPS yesterday at lunch time, this chick was telling the police about all the 'bad people' that were after her. She was obviously delusional.

In a way it was funny, but mostly sad.

Thank you for sharing that.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit