demonized child

by finnrot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

finnrot - I know exactly what you are talking about. My Mother instilled such a fear of demons in me that I was terrified to even think about the possibility that the might exist. I also remember hearing the story about the young brother going to see a 'demonized' movie, but in the version I heard it was "The Exorcist." To this day, I am drawn to that movie like a moth to a flame. I've never actually even worked up the courage to see it and I'm 30 now! I've rented it a few times, watched about 45 minutes of it and then just have to turn it off.

I don't know if it's possible to be a fundamentalist JW, but my Mom was definitely one. She wouldn't allow Bewitched on the television...period! It's so funny because Bewitched was forbidden, but I Dream of Jeannie was alright. I guess genies are ok, but witches are out! LOL!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

EXORCIST...........

When my youngest was a wee baby, I got up w/him in the middle of the night. The exorcist was playing on Dish, so I thought I would watch it, always wanted to. But let me tell you, the first time that chicky spun her head around and talked in that strange voice, I went flying down the hallway, jumped into bed and woke Filthy up! Talk about scared....no mind you, for those that know, we live in the woods. Know hard dark and quiet the woods get in the middle of the night?! YIKES

Then, last year, the Excorcist was playing on pay-per-view and I asked Filthy to watch it with me. He laughed thru the whole thing and I shuttered.

I too am drawn to the paranormal.....for some strange reason I really enjoy it......but I guess the movie was just too much for me.

• LDH
    LDH

Finn, what about the life-size dolls that some little girls had? But you would never catch a JW with one, because it 'might walk.'

Lisa

• finnrot
    finnrot

Friendly and Scooter, I was a kid when the exorcist came out, and my older jail bird brother asked me if I wanted to go see the movie with him. I'm glad I said no, I was already sleeping with a wool cap over my eyes and the blankets over my head!! DEMONS in my room.

Speaking of I Dream of Jeannie, I was just getting interested in girls when that show came out. I was just aching for Major Nelson to grab that flimsy top and expose those fun bags.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hi Lisa, I've been divorced for a year now, and out of action the same amount of time. Where can I get one of those life size dolls, heck, I don't even care if it walks.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

JW's are scared of a multitude of things that the demons can use to infiltrate your life.

I remember the music scare of the early 80's. Debasing music and backmasking caused young JW's (like myself) to destroy perfectly good albums.

Probably the stupidest comment on this subject came at a circuit assembly, where the speaker said that the "new classical" music could allow demons to gain control of a person, because it required that the listener empty their mind and give themselves to the music.

• giantjason
    giantjason

My wife(df'd JW) is horrified of demons etc. SheStill swears on her life that when she was a girl there were demons all around her. She said they would sit on her bed and tell her if she moved that they would kill her parents/family. She does not watch any scary movies and is horrified of anything with witches. SHE HASN'T EVEN SEEN THE WIZARD OF OZ????!! WTF?? ANyhow I think her parents put shit in her head and caused these delusions. No matter what I try to tell her she wholeheartedly believs she wa shuanted by these demons for the years they lived in a certain house. I just can't fathome being so frightend by a bunch of morons.

• finnrot
    finnrot

A child believes what they are told by their parents, so if they put you in a cult that keeps you in line by scaring the sh*t out of you, you end up being scared sh*tless your whole childhood.

• happy man
    happy man

you Americans are something special i think, i have never seen any demons, dont think they live here in Swden, only in holywood,i think they are.

ihave also grown upp as a JW, never was ther any talks of demons, so diffrent from Us and Europe.

perhaps it also depend on the person,,if they are very nervous, they see demons all over.

And after 11 sept i can anderstand that you folks are littetl nervous

• Angharad
    Angharad

When Simon first started having doubts and stopped going to meetings I was asked by a sister if we had bought any second-hand books or furniture as it may have been used for demonic practises.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit