Who's going to see Minority Report?

by ashitaka 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ashi...

I am going to go see it.

Don't forget that 'Amistad' was good, too!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Schindler's Shit=SMARM Politically correct, please-give-me-an-oscar smarm.

same thing with Amistad...sorry Biggs. Politically correct tripe....he was taking no chances.......

Watch Empire of the Sun, and then Amistad, and then you'll see the difference....also with Empire of the Sun, check out who the screenwriter is!!!

I like it when a respected director takes a chance on something weird, like AI. Personally, I loved AI. Brilliant stuff.

I'm not totally against Schindler's list(how can you be?), but I hate it when people equate it with truly epic filmmaking on the level of Lean.

Just my 2.

ashi

• LB
    LB

I'm no Tom Cruise fan but he did a very good job in this movie. I was afraid it would be as stupid as AI but I enjoyed the movie. A bit long and the last 1/2 hour seemed to drag a bit, but it's still worth seeing.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Just saw "The Minority Report." Except for the last half hour, this movie was well done and special effects impressive. (I really liked the spiders) But what impressed me the most was the cinematography and look of the film. Not a masterpiece but the best movie I've seen this summer.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Pretty darn good movie.

Made some statements about advertising and privacy in the near future. In fact, nearly every scene tells a story of the impact of technology on our lives while telling a pretty good tale in the foreground. Unlike other stories of speculative fiction, it's pretty subtle; it doesn't hit you over the head with its predictions.

The special effects were also very good. The holograms of his son, and the visions of the precogs looked great, but Spielberg didn't make the special effects the star of the film.

OK now I sound like an amateur movie critic. Suffice it to say it was worth the price of admission. I'll probably get the DVD so I can disect the scenes.

Hmmm & Ebert

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Two little hints, in the style of "Bible Prophecy" (TM), that won't spoil the movie for those about to see it, :

1. John does not have a Minority Report
    2. They all live happily ever after.

:)

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

badwillie and I just checked out the flick.

Tom Cruise did a great job and the effects were awesome!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I just saw it...I will have to agree with the others abot the last 30 minutes but even with that..it was definately worth seeing.

Spice

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My friend just sent me this review.

(Ashi)

i saw minority report - DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY - its DREADFUL AWFUL TERRIBLE RUBBISH - the worst kind of SPIELBERG garbage imaginable - and he rips off EVERYTHING, from "Brazil" to every Kubrick sci-fi movie - he spends the last 1/2 hour REVERSING everything so he can tack on a retarded HAPPY ENDING - it just SUCKS - and it just feels ENDLESS - skip it, never bother watching it even for free on tv - its just a piece o' stinking shit-pie.

(my friend)

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

ashi,

sooooooooooo..... they liked it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit