Who's going to see Minority Report?

by ashitaka 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I used to deplore Steven Speilberg. I thought he was a smarmy nothing, who made his way on three good movies...Jaws, Close Encounters, and ET. Even those are really flawed. I think his best move (pre AI) was Empire of the Sun......love that flick.

But, after AI, he seems to be doing what I wanted to see him to his whole career....anti-smarm, weird and a little off. I can't wait to see it. I love the fact that he didn't get some little cutesy kid to play the part of the (telepaths?) in the movie. It has a unique, bizzarre look that I like.

And I used to hate Tom Cruise, too. That changed after Eyes Wide Shut. Ever since then, he's really been cool.

Anybody else going to see it?

ashi

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

ashitaka-

Yes I am going to see it. Ever since I saw the previews for this film several months ago in the theatre I have been interested in checking it out when it was released.

Hope you enjoy the film. Hell, I hope I enjoy the film too!

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Ash,

Yes, I'm going to see it in the next few days. I caught Roger Ebert's show and they gave it two enthusiastic thumbs way up. Plus, I like the genre. They said it's the best film Spielberg has ever done.

I'll be watching for what your review.

Pat

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I saw the previews a few months ago as well...it looks like it'll be a good one ( I hope)

Spice

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

• Southland
    Southland

ashitaka - you're right about The Empire of the Sun being a great movie!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Me! Me! Me!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Oh, yeah. Been looking forward to this one, even though I had the misfortune of paying to see A.I. I hope Speilberg can make it up to me for making me suffer through to the bitter end of that confused glop of a film.

Ash,

I also liked "Eyes Wide Shut." An interesting mood piece for fans of Kubrick. Still, my fav Kubrick film will always be "Dr. Strangelove." Never get tired of that one.

Picked up "Sexy Beast" on DVD a couple of weeks ago. That was my fav film of the last year and a half. Also picked up "Black Hawk Down" which I liked better than "Saving Private Ryan."

Edited by - megadude on 20 June 2002 22:20:2

• finnrot
    finnrot

When I went to see A.I. I remember sitting in the theatre watching that kid stare at that statue for what seemed like a million years, I felt just as trapped as that kid!! I leaned towards my daughters and asked them if they wanted to leave, and before I could get the sentence out they were standing in the aisle. That's the only movie that I can remember walking out on, and I went to Popeye.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

What no recognition for the academy award winning Schindler's List?

--Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit