Why WTS Wants A Young Girl To Die

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Here we have a paradox - a mystery on which a life hangs.

The Society dumped their new blood cards. They write ambiguous replies to "Questions From

Readers" about what blood products can or can't be taken. They fail to answer pointed

questions about the blood issue from elders - as in the Jensen correspondence. They

lie to or attempt to deceive authorities about their handling of Witnesses who take blood.

AND I STILL CAN'T FIND ANY TRACE OF THE BLOOD ISSUE IN THE NEW PUBLICATION

"WORSHIP THE ONLY TRUE GOD" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT.......!

They fanatically defend a deceived young woman's attempt to die while refusing blood

and attempt to bully her loving father into bankruptcy. They offer to put her face on the

cover of the 'Awake' if she willingly dies.

What the hell is going on here?

Perhaps there is an explanation - The blood issue has been exposed as nonsense.

The Society knows they can't defend it with any degree of depth. Even hardened Witnesses

in high places are beginning to realize that the whole issue was based on errors.

They then confront the painful and explosive issue of what to do about it. They realize

that this issue could destroy the organization - and they could be charged with massive

fraud - morally or legally - by continuing to preach the blood issue's necessity.

So, they start removing the issue from their publications BUT they continue a fanatical

legal defense of this 'religious issue' to maintain a standard they know is morally wrong,

to protect themselves against future accusations of fraud. Religious issues don't have to

be logical or make sense - but if lives are lost for these bits of nonsense, you better not

let anyone know or perceive that you've let your guard down because the organization

has been preaching death-dealing bullsh*t for decades.

Maybe this is why

a young girl has to die

metatron ( could anything ever be more chillingly vile or evil?)

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Metetron,

You hit the nail right on the head!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Dude,

You have them there....what could they say to that?

I agree totally.

ashi

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I think your reasoning is correct, although I might add another one.

Most of the organization, if not all, believes that the words of the Watchtower are the words of God. They have come to believe their own propoganda. They are followers. The leaders have all died, and no one is capable of shaking their own divine, but misguided, authority.

I was at a conference this week. The speaker urged business managers to beware of believing their own PR. This is what has happened to the Society.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Your right Met!

The BOrg know EXACTLY that their blood policy cannot be defended legally or morally in a court of law or the court of public opinion.

GEE,,, Will they do what Jesus would want them to do and immediately PUT AN END to this barbaric practice that kills men, woman, and children?

NAAAAHHHHH!!!

I think people already know that the BOrg don't listen to or follow the teachings of Jesus Christ anyway.

CornerStone

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

First off they are protected in a court of law. No one likes to handle religious issues no matter how fanatical, so it is a semi-safe place to battle, as opposed to a public forum where no one would appreciate their attitudes.

Also, it's good inner marketing. Sure it pisses off unbelievers, but that's great! We all lick Satan's boots anyway--of course we're going to be outragged.

Martyrs are a powerful thing, every church needs them to build up the flock. And the WTS knows this better than anyone!

• belbab
    belbab

Metratron,

I believe you are right on the money. They, as Jah's high priest, want to rally the troops, to show their power over Satan's System so they find it expedient to sacrifice children in fire and death itself to protect their unholy system. Where else in the Bible do we see similar logic?

Jhn 11:49 But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all,
    Jhn 11:50 nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish." Jhn 11:51 Now he did not say this on his own initiative, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation,
    Jhn 11:52 and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.
    Jhn 11:53 So from that day on they planned together to kill Him.

belbab

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Like all corporations they act out of self preservation. It seems pretty clear that they want
    to back away slowly but don't expect all JWs to get that message anytime soon. They
    obfuscate their intentions to keep the issue from blowing up inside the organization precisely
    because the policy has caused so many premature deaths.

The other thing at work here could simply be a case of the right hand not knowing what
    the left hand is doing. Many JWs, and perhaps the Canadia JW attorney(s) may be
    pretty much in the dark about the history of the blood policy, and the WTS future direction.
    Think about it, there are still some JWs that are convinced as ever that the generation of
    1914 won't pass away - hello.

Lee

• Scully
    Scully

What really bugs me about this case is that it is not being argued on the merit or lack of merit that the WTS's "divine law on blood" has in the view of the court. They aren't arguing whether it is right or wrong.

The premise of this case is the 16-year-old girl's right to make this - albeit misinformed - medical decision for herself. The WTS is arguing that "Mia" should be deemed a "mature minor" with the capacity to give legally informed consent on her own behalf. The WTS basically has usurped the father's parental decision-making authority and has IGNORED THEIR OWN HEADSHIP DOCTRINE in so doing. The father and Children's Services are attempting to prove that the girl does not have the capacity to make this life-or-death decision, based on misinformation that she has received from the teachings of the WTS.

This is a VERY SNEAKY way for the WTS to gain public support, IMO. In most places, it's perfectly legal for a young person of this age to go to a doctor or nurse and expect to be accorded some measure of autonomy in their health care decisions. It's viewed as part of their maturation process, and actually considered "responsible", for example if a young woman goes to the doctor to seek advice on contraception if she wants to become sexually active. The WTS is trying to bring this young woman's right to determine her health care outcomes for herself into the picture, despite the fact that she would be DFd for exercising those rights if she was sexually active before marriage.

Their hypocrisy is absolutely mind-numbing!

Love, Scully

• JAVA
    JAVA

It's been years since reading Crisis of Conscience, but remember Raymond Franz pointing out how divided the GB was on the blood issue. The majority were for dropping the ban, but I believe it took a two-thirds vote (or higher) before a vote carried. This was back in the '70s or very early '80s; just think of all who have died when the majority of the GB thought the blood ban should be dropped!

There has also been some interesting remarks about religious martyrs benefiting the sect. I believe this is only true when the wider society views the death as unfair, or the faithful sees it as an attack by outsiders. I don't think the blood ban has helped rally the faithful, or gain sympathy from outsiders. I really believe the Tower hangs on to it becasue of possible litigation, and fears a mass exodus. Even if lawsuits could not be won, the PR damage could be extensive (from inside and outside the Tower).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit