Decided to sign up...

by campaign of hate 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Hi Everyone

So i decided to sign up after many years of lurking. Started researching after finding out about Ray Franz, which inevitably brought me to this site.

I'm still well and truly inn, but don't want to give any information out, i'm sure you guys know the reasons.

Since "jay double you . org" came online, there has been a definite sense of hysteria with everyone who is "INN", and i get a feeling it's going to get a whole lot crazier as the years press on.

One point i would like to raise is that i feel, without a doubt, that 2034 is going to be the new finish line. In a recent WT article a few weeks ago, Moses and Noah were mentioned in the same context, i'm pretty sure there was a  scripture quoted about Moses living to 120 years. (120 years being the days of Noah that Jesus referenced) All though small, these types of occurrences will keep popping up more and more for the next ten years i feel, then it will really ramp up.

After 2034 comes and goes, they will change the date from 1914 to 1934, (nu light regarding 607 and 587) then change 2034 to 2054 to accommodate the change. I feel that is the game plan for the next 40 or so years.

This religion is going nowhere, and although money seems to be the driving force and backbone to it all, it's all about power and control.

Thanks, and i hope i fit in.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome,

All I would say is now you have learned TTATT you might want to think about making an exit plan. Living a lie can be very stressful or dehumanising.

Kate xx

• Giordano
    Giordano

It looks like you'll fit in just find....welcome.

I think for a lot of folks being able to contribute their thoughts and ideas here helps further their critical thinking skills at a time when the average JW is asked to swallow whole the garbage that the WTBTS dishes up.

We understand that for security purposes, one can only reveal so much.

But with thousands of ex and soon to be ex JW's on this and other sites there is plenty of cover to go around.

Here's a strange thought for you....... on this site we actually are interested in your opinion and speculation....have at it.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Thanks kateWild and Giordano

Its a really weird feeling i have, i am neither angry, annoyed or upset, my feelings are very neutral, almost like i was / am never part of this religion in the first place. It's a feeling of just being an observer from the inside. Very strange.

i don't know if anyone else has felt this way?

• cantleave
    cantleave

After 2034 comes and goes, they will change the date from 1914 to 1934, (nu light regarding 607 and 587) then change 2034 to 2054 to accommodate the change.

More wasted lives 

• 7Starz
    7Starz

Welcome campaign of hate.

What I hate most is all the years wasted believing everything they said and printed; Being angry at myself for not researching the faith.  Hating the fact that I still spent many years on the inside even after learning the TTATT.

2 Corinthians 13:5 "Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith." New Living Translation

But enough of the hate.  I will no longer give them time they do not deserve. 

• bemused
    bemused

Welcome CoH (interesting user name!).  I was never a JW (some relatives are though) but I can relate to your point about neutral feelings.  I was brought up a catholic and one day as a young adult realised that I didn't believe any of it.  However I didn't feel mad and I understood that my parents thought they were doing the right thing by bringing me up in that faith.  It just wasn't for me so I simply stopped practising.

I understand that as a JW the demands can be greater and the anti-education stance of the GB has affected the lives of many on this site, but I'm glad that you are not overly stressed about things.  I appreciate that ceasing being a witness can be trickier than leaving the catholic faith (potential shunning etc) but I hope that you are able to manage that without too much personal damage.

You might be right about 2034 although my hunch is that the GB will never again commit to a date.  In this internet age they wouldn't recover when it passed uneventfully. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

campaign of hate - "Since "jay double you . org" came online, there has been a definite sense of hysteria with everyone who is "INN", and i get a feeling it's going to get a whole lot crazier as the years press on."

Oh, yeah; the hard-core loyalists seem to have completely lost their shit.

Finally, a symbol they can idolize!

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Yes, campaign of hate referring to WTs campaign of hateful words and practices against the normal everyday citizen who is struggling to get by in life.

They will not specifically mention 2034, but they will spell out 120 years being the days of Noah in reference to say, an article about the great tribulation....They will let the rumor mill and peoples speculation to do WTs work for them. 2034 will never be mentioned, but speculation among Jws will arrive at that date.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

campaign of hate - "2034 will never be mentioned, but speculation among JWs will arrive at that date."

Dabbling in numerology is like smoking.

It probably feels good at the time, but in the long run, it's bad for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit