Treating the pioneers "Just So."

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Sometimes here on JWD personal experiences are related as if they are the absolute norm, the absolute representation of JWs in all congregations .

G'day Island Woman.

The above-quoted comment from you warrants more response. Does it not seem clear that there are sufficient experiences related on JWD to conclude that they ARE the "norm"?

Take the issue of shunning. Can you not see that the borg IS indeed responsible for breaking up families? There has been a plethora of reports on JWD of the effects of what the borg does to families. Perhaps it hasn't touched you yet, but to many, many persons it is a very real part of their everyday lives. Imagine living through it. Yet you claim it's not the "absolute representation of JWs in all congregations." Of course IT IS the absolute representation. That's the whole point and that's why so many people come to JWD.

I trust that you will never be hurt by the borg, as so many have been, but please understand that the hurt is real for thousands of others.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 20 June 2002 19:51:33

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Ozzie,

First, let me say I respect your opinion. You are a balanced person and it shows in your posts.

When I brought up personal experiences I meant those experiences that are influenced or can be influenced by the interaction with others. It had nothing to do with JW doctrine or policy.

I have been shunned, and I know all too well the pain that results from such unloving treatment. Of course when I was an active JW, I too towed the line and I too shunned. I believed the Watchtower when it said it was beneficial for the shunned person. So, I did, I shunned my own sister!

How can I now ridicule JWs who shun? Sure I can post how shunning is wrong and unscriptual but how can I truthfully put down individuals who are doing just as I have done? How many here walked past a man or woman at the KH without acknowledging their presence, or saying hello because that individual was disfellowshipped? Did you? Did Farkel? Did Alan? Did countless others here?

Why should I humiliate people who are simply doing what I did before I came to know better?

As for the "absolute norm" of the various human relationships in the Org., I don't think there is such a thing.

BTW, if you hear from UncleBruce please tell him "Dismembered" says hello. I miss the guy for some strange reason!

Good "talk'n" with you Ozzie,

IW

• LB
    LB

Lisa sadly lots of that stuff still goes on. About 3 or so years ago we took 3 teenage pioneer sisters to Maui with us for a month. We knew they were from fairly poor families and likely were going to marry some minimum wage type pioneer eventually and would find it difficult to ever go to such a place. Well, as they were out in service with another pioneer couple they got torn into.

They were chastised for not putting Jehovah first telling them that Jehovah doens't take a month off. That if they were to go they had better pioneer over there instead of working on tans. All 3 of them were raised as JW's and didn't seem surprised or even that upset. I was livid myself. I tore into this couple and I tore into the elder that told me I wasn't behaving like a brother should for being mean to a pioneer couple. Screw em.

They all 3 still attend meetings but the good news is they haven't pioneered since AND are all 3 still single. All are attractive and really sweet girls. Too bad they are scared to visit us these days. I hold no grudges about that though, they were raised to believe that people who drift away are evil. That Jehovah didn't want them in the organization.

Sure feels good to be out though.

My little cowboy seems to be on the blink IW

• LDH
    LDH
    They were chastised for not putting Jehovah first telling them that Jehovah doens't take a month off.

Jehovah doesn't sell Awake or Watchtowers either, but did that ever stop them?

Lisa

PS LB, that sure was good of you folks to take those girls on a vacation. When they are exJW they will have a good laugh (or cry) over all the time they wasted spent in the ministry.

Edited by - LDH on 20 June 2002 22:51:8

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LB-

After reading your post I would have laid into the people who chastised you as well.

I would have said that "Jehovah" <gag> would not have created such beautiful locales for humans if they had no intention of EVER visiting them. In fact, if they were "pioneering" they even MORESO deserved to experience the magnificence of "His" <gag> creation.

Another example of people not minding their own business

Lisa:

wasted spent in the ministry.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I graduated High School in 1986. My parents told my guidance counselor to his face that there was no reason for me to go to college....the end of the system would be here before four years was up. I believed with all my heart that every day out in service I had to make it count because Armeggedon might start tonight.

And then, to top it off, I got a sign from Jehovah that I made the right decision about pioneering. The UN declared 1986 the "Year of Peace and Security." Now how the hell is a 16 year old supposed to interpret that after years of brainwashing?

The JWs were RABID in the late 80's and early 90's....ANY SECOND NOW.

I thought for sure since we were so close to the 'end' people would be flocking to hear the good news about Jehovah and the New System.

Man I can relate to that. Lisa and I are of the generation who still thought that the New System would be coming any day now - literally.

BTW Lisa - I haven't received the box. The post office didn't think you meant Austria, did they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit