Online love

by StinkyPantz 62 Replies latest jw friends

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Congrats, Beck. I am glad for you. May you be very, very happy. :)

Professor, yeah, that explains it. and the continuation of some of the limericks i did today. dam, that felt good.

• Francois
    Francois

During WW II, my mother was a TWX operator for the telephone company. A fellow worker of hers became involved in a TWX conversation with another TWX operator, some guy down in Waycross, GA (my mother was in Savannah). This conversation continued for the duration of the war, and the two operators never met that entire time. However the guy proposed marriage over the TWX after the war, my mother's cohort said yes and the first time they saw each other was the day they got married. They're still married, although getting ancient by now.

True Story.

Francois

• SYN
    SYN

I believe with all my heart in online love! And there is someone on this thread who knows why!

As I've mentioned before to this person, and this person alone, online love is one of the purest love-forms of ALL. It is a love conducted over the whispering electrons stretching across the yawning expanses of water between the continents - a love that flies between the communications satellites above our heads - a love expressed in letters and symbols.

What greater form of love is there than that? A love that is not based on shallow surface attraction, but the deepest mental connection?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

This shameless love affair between you and the Professor has gone long enough SYN. Enough!!

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

I met my husband online 2 years ago, and we will celebrate our first wedding anniversary this month. I loved him by the time we met face to face, but far more important, I LIKED him. I took precautions, as I mentioned in my email to you....as did he. Be smart, be careful, have at it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Me too waving hand in the air

I met hubby in an on-line discussion forum about computers. We were both helping people with their computer problems. I liked the way the helped everyone and he sounded really decent. We started talking on ICQ so that we could help one lady who was having a hard time with her computer. And then we just started talking more and more about other things.

Meanwhile our on-line friends were telling me that he liked me and I said that was ridiculous - he was younger - he was nice to everyone but a few of the ladies deiced to play matchmaker. We did not tell them we were talking so much on ICQ.

Eventually we realized we really cared for each other and since neither of us were involved with anyone we talked about meeting. First thought when he got off the plane

Wow he's cute!!! We had a great week together and he went home

Fast forward I packed up my stuff and moved cross country to be with him and Aug 4 will be our first wedding anniversary

BTW it was +48 with the humidex that day

• jack2
    jack2

Good one Naeblis! Beck, you too!

One thing about online love is that I guess it's kind of like falling for someone from the 'inside out' instead of the 'outside in' as it were. The physical attraction factor takes a back seat (at least intially.....unless there are some really good pics exchanged!) which sometimes means, as some posters here have already mentioned, that you can really get to know the person first without being unduly influenced by looks.

I do know of one married couple (jw) that met online. I'm not sure if they signed for some jw dating thing or not.

I also have read some stuff about such romances, and, like any others, some manage to blossom, some don't.

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

jack2..I like that..."inside out" rather than "outside in". I think you hit the nail on the head. You meet thereally important parts of the person first, and although my husband isn't physically what I have always considered gorgeous in a guy, because I knew him so well by the time we met, he was absolutely perfect to me, lookwise. I should delete that last sentence, as I realize it made far more sense in my brain than it did in print. But, i will let it stand for any mind readers out there.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

SYN - "What greater form of love is there than that? A love that is not based on shallow surface attraction, but the deepest mental connection?"

Could not have said it better myself... Often times, in the one-on-one-touch-see-feel dating "game," people are swallowied in purely by looks rather than the human soul that lies beneath all of the superficial stuff. But, perhaps, through good old fashioned correspondence, two people can explore the other for thier minds and thier hearts. To understand them and fall totally crazy madly blissfully in love with a person. How true is an emotion that transcends beyond anything on the outside but runs so much deeper? Beauty is only skin deep, but true beauty lies within a persons mind and heart.

Kisses,

Amanda

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Beck_Melbourne - Congratulations!

imissthedub - Oh sweetie...

Francois - What a touching story.

HomebutHiding - Congratulations!

Lady Lee - Congratulations! And beautiful picture...

Jack2 - "'inside out' instead of the 'outside in'" Well said!!!

Kisses,

Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit