Online love

by StinkyPantz 62 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone online? Assuming they give you a real picture of themselves and are honest about themselves.. is it possible to love this person before you meet them? I'm not talking about the kind of love you share with your friends, I'm talking the real deal.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Only really ugly people fall in love with someone off the internet.

Beck

edited to add

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 19 June 2002 1:19:31

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well, what does falling in love mean? In any case, it seems to me you have to just love before you fall in love. There's also that saying that it's better to stand in love than to fall in love.

"I've fallen, and I can't get up!" -Life Alert commercial

• Introspection
    Introspection

But to answer your question, why not? Do you think that meeting someone face to face is always seeing them as they really are, as a person? The way the information of what they're really like reaches you is not important, you just have to recognize that it's stuff typed back and forth in chat, just as you have to recognize that what you see when you are face to face with a person is just a face and so on. What you read and see isn't what's important, it's a matter of understanding what it means, reading between the lines. Of course, it is possible that you just won't get enough information too. On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily take a lot, unless you got your detailed shopping list of mate attributes drawn up.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Who you calling ugly? a-hem. Question answered.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Intro

The way the information of what they're really like reaches you is not important

I think people are meeting off the net for romance more then they are the old conventional ways. In some cases that I know of it has lead to marriage. I went to a wedding recently and the couple had met off the internet...its not such a big deal anymore. I was surprised, as they weren't as ugly as I expected.

Beck *waiting for chezza to take bait*

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Moe...myself silly LOL...

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Yes, it is possible. There are books on that now. Because there are no distractions and it is a direct feed to the brain, these relationships seem to grow feelings that are strangly deep. Noone yet knows how to really help for it....it is rather new and the attachment level is stunning.

It happened to me. With a ministerial servant. I am married. I love my husband. It still happened. I (literally) almost died from it...the stress...ended up with hives closing my throat and almost dying en route to hospital in ambulance. I almost lost my husband, obviously. This went on for seven months. He said he was divorced. No kids. Called me in hospital. Called me weekly. Knew my husband was thinking of giving up and leaving. After 7 months something he said on phone did not fit. Did more searching online....found out he is married and has 3 daughters.

I know this sounds dumb....I did not know you can be in luv with someone and still fall in luv with another. And ESPECIALLY did not think it could happen online. It took months of counseling, drugs, reading, love from my husband and friends and I still hurt. That is y I am here. It is a place I can vent my anger toward a JW and then move on. Or stay and help someone else, who knows.

By the way, I am far from ugly. I am older than alot of your...46....so not as beautiful as I was in my 20's. And he was far from ugly also. I used to think only ugly people found relationships online. That is so far from the truth. It surpirsed me.

THis guy totally mindfucked me. I was bored, he excited me, I wanted to try the online sex thing. He wanted me to fall in love. He talked to me about marraige. He totally raped me emotionally. WHat is interesting is we seemed to switch "roles" ...I wanted to do the sex....he wanted the romance.....how insecure he must be that he needs to make women fall in love with him.

• professor
    professor

Anything is possible. It is even possible that Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion. Considering that, online love seems to be quite plausible!

PS imissthedub: that explains your Limerick from last night.

Edited by - professor on 19 June 2002 2:37:11

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Interesting story imissthedub and I can so totally relate to it. The 'ugly' comment was a joke btw...there are a few of us who post on here that have met our current partner/spouse off the internet...and while still a JW. Very much like your story in fact...except two of my friends and myself included chose to leave our jw elder husbands for our own personal reasons.

I commend you for investigating your situation further and discovering deception. This must have been hard for you, and I'm sorry for that. In my case, I have many reasons to feel liberated...and I was fortunate enough to have found someone honourable and yes...we're both ugly

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit