Question for good boy's gone bad?

by butalbee 22 Replies latest social relationships

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Alot. Trust me.

It's almost not worth posting anymore... I've had to take a major posting break because I was so addicted. It was like crack (Moes) and when I came down, I just had to have a break.

• Xander
    Xander

Well, there was the whole Dateline thing that actually went down. Quite a site to see, it's still available in quicktime somewhere (just ask, someone has it).

YouKnow then predicted the world would end. It didn't.

We had a kinky picture thread. I linked to the thread above:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29068&site=3

In short. People started posting pics. Everyone fell in love with MrMoe. Much fun was had. Simon locked the thread.

YouKnow predicted the world would end. It didn't.

Several posters got all self-righteous ('Well, *I* would never post there, blahblahblah'). Several flame wars errupted. Some people noticed everyone in love with Moe and started attacking her AND Guinness (can you believe these heathens). Couple more flame wars were started.

YouKnow predicted the world would end. It didn't.

And, hey, I made Jedi!

Then, YouKnow predicted the world would end. It didn't.

Did I miss anything?

• obiwan
    obiwan

You may already kmow this BB but "wordly" men do the same thing,case in point my brother-in-law never a dub is divorcing after only three years crushing his wife,it's there be it a dub,catholic,protestant ect.I had my heart crushed by a woman dub so gender is of no matter.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Xander--thanks for the link. I'll check it out......any naked men???

Youknow predicted the end of the world? hehe.

Obiwan--you're right--gender is no matter--but how many dub males posted a thread about being in love with a worldly woman?? Should I check the achives for this????? Not many, if at all....but countless women, including myself have posted their dreaded tales of getting involved with dubs. All the same stories...

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

butalbee - hon I missed you! I too, was worried about you. I also emailed you but now I see that it must have been 'booted' by hotmail. So glad you're back!

hugs, Mimilly

• zev
    zev

butalbee asked:

If you know it is wrong to get involved with worldly women, then why do you pursue us?????

I mean you have been taught over and over again that you can not get involved with us, my dub even told me that he don't date outside his org. But he did. Yeah--sure you're only human--but you are also a dub and don't you men have enough skirts in your congreg. to court??

Part of the explanation lies in what skeptic says:

Skeptic said:

One mistake that people make is that they think that all JWs actually follow the JW rules. This fallacy is promoted by the Witnesses themselves, even the ones that know better. So it is no wonder non-JWs get confused on this issue. The truth is, many JWs do whatever the hell they want, just as long as they dont get caught or will not get much trouble if caught.

I saw this many times over my 40 years being brainwashed. It may be seen repeatedly over and over again, but how many will DO something about the people they see doing UN-JW things, And for that matter, UNchristian.

Sometimes, its WHO you know, and WHO you are, rather than following BIBLICAL priciple (as they CLAIM TO, but don't) that dictates what you can get away with.

Which is why I used to see allot of these people associate but never get baptized. A sort of sitting on the fence as it were, but even so, those who were in and dunked still behaved in a very UN-JW and unchristian way.

Being the person I am, I was never a skirt chaser. So what I am saying is I am not speaking from personal experience. I can only speak from my point of view as an observer of many things. I was married, and to me, even under the horrible conditions I lived in and under, I have my own values I live by, aside from wt teaching.

The problem is that not every man is like the one you know. Religion should not dictate what your relationship is, and how it will develop. If you love each other, than religion maybe something you disagree over, but it doesnt have to get disagreeable.

They are taught not to mix it up with worldly women. The punishment for doing so, does not fit the crime. (not that its a crime, it is only in dub land). He is well aware of this. His indoctrination and brain washing will not allow him to leave. He is playing both ends of the stick, and is playing a dangerous game, and its unfair to you.

Ask yourself if he hides you? Have you ever hung out with him and his JW friends?

Im willing to bet he does and that you may have never met his friends in the truth.

Thats a shame. When you really love someone, youre very proud and want everyone to know, just how great you think the person is and how much you love them. Its only natural. Youll talk about them with the people you work with, and people you hang around with.

Maybe I dont have the greatest explanation in the world, Im just really giving you some ideas to think about.

If youll accept this one last statement form me, as just my opinion, a word of advise from one friend to another.

Dump him. To me what he is doing is not right at all. You can and will find love and when you do, youll know it. Youll sense that he is the one and there will be no doubt in your mind, heart and soul.

I hope this helps butalbee.

zev <---good boy, who is still, a good boy, and always will be

Edited by - zev on 19 June 2002 9:44:31

• Matty
    Matty
    how many dub males posted a thread about being in love with a worldly woman??

Those of us guys brought up as loyal Jehovah's Witnesses are often emotionally retarded, and regular people on the outside may see our heartbreaks as being very childish and silly. I think though, that this is the sort of thing a lot of dub males may go through at some time in their life, although they might not want to talk about it.

The women who post here are generally much more expressive and more honest about their feelings than the men are. If you are a guy, it's difficult to talk about something that sounds so naive outside the religion. I don't necessarily think that witness men who get involved with worldly women are all "good boy's gone bad".

The last person I fell for was a co-worker and "in the world" and she was never anything more than just a good friend; and I don't think she ever saw me as anything else. The more we talked and the more I got to know her the fonder of her I became, and the feelings gradually came and kinda caught me out by surprise. I rarely mentioned my religion to her, and when I did she was visibly evasive and changed the subject. I knew that I was getting myself into something that could only end in heartbreak, as I could never go out with her properly as I would get into trouble with my family and the congregation. I didn't think she cared as much for me as I cared for her and I concluded in my heart that I needed her as a buddy too much to jeopardise the friendship by telling her how I felt. I also thought of myself more as a project than a boyfriend, and resolved that I would need someone to be absolutely nuts about me to put up with all the baggage I was carrying. I had silly dreams about her "coming into the truth" one day! I dragged this on and on for years, never mentioning how I felt! I look back now and think how silly and adolescent I was for how I felt and behaved!

While someone is going through stuff like this, male or female, they need good advice from a supportive confidante. If you are a witness though, you can't trust anyone, not even a member of your own family. And so you make dumb decision after dumb decision, on your own, without anyone giving you sensible advice and telling you that maybe you are worth something, and shouldn't allow yourself to be strung along.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Yahoo gives you six MB free--if switching the e-mail addy on the groups you get mail from isn't too big a hassle, maybe it'd be worth it. No need to find time daily to check a smaller mailbox.

Why do JW guys date non-JW women? JW women are as exciting as cardboard.

• Matty
    Matty
    JW women are as exciting as cardboard

Jehovah's Witness women can be exciting just as cardboard can be exciting, it's all just a question of what you do with it and how you see it. Get yourself over to http://jwmatch.com/welcome.php and get yourself corrugated!

Sometimes the cardboard box that the present comes in is more fun than the present itself. Don't knock cardboard Kingpawn, it's the fabric of society.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Sometimes the cardboard box that the present comes in is more fun than the present itself. Don't knock cardboard Kingpawn, it's the fabric of society.

Maybe because it's after midnight, or maybe I'm just in an intellectual mood, but those two sentences seem really profound to me. Interesting thought, Matty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit