What do you listen to?

by terafera 31 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

What song do you put on when you're sad? Is there a certain song that never fails to tear you up and why?

What do you listen to when you're in a good mood? What does it make you think of? Feel free to post lyrics here and what emotions they stir up in you.

Jewel's 'You Were Meant For Me' is one that almost always get me melancholy...it is a song that perfectly describes a relationship that wasnt to be....everytime I put it on I think of 'him'. It's that achy, why did we break up feeling!!

When I am feeling good I listen to Outkast's 'Miss Jackson' or Prodigy's Fat of the Land cd. 'Smack my *** up' and 'Firestarter' are my faves....brings out the thrasher, rebel chic in me. I cant keep still!!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

My taste in music ranges from Benny Goodman to GunsNRoses. So, I have just too many favorites to list. That, and I would really date myself listing many of the oldies I prefer.

• Introspection
    Introspection

What's the name of that long thread where everyone posts lyrics .. maybe you know it already. By the way, does anyone know what happend to sevenofnine? Haven't seen her around was wondering if anyone knows..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Kingdom Melodies

• terafera
    terafera

Dakota, I really liked GunsNRoses when they were around...their Appetite for Destruction was a great cd. A pioneer brother turned me on to that cd...did you ever see the cover of it (maybe it was the inside)?? I was shocked that a jw had it..now it doesnt surprise me a bit.

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

Stinky, are you crazy? Those frikken things piss me off more than anything else I know of!

I usually listen to something hard when I'm in a good mood... Metallica usually works. For a bad mood I will listen to some country... maybe some Kenny Chesney or something along those lines.

Kingdom Melodies??? Sheesh, I hope that was a joke.

EK

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Some songs that can make me cry every damn time:

That Alan Jackson song about 9/11

Willie Nelson, Angel Flying to close to the Ground, and Always on My Mind.

Elvis, Always on my mind

Dolly Parton, I will always love you

Cant think of who sings this but,, Butterfly Kisses...........

OMG I am about to bawl........................ LOL....... I have many songs I use to torment myself with.

Just cant uses up all the room to post them all.

• larc
    larc

Well, if I am in a sad/bad mood, I don't listen to sad music. Why make matters worse? Now for one of the sadest songs ever, here an obscure song by Johnny Cash, called "Home of the Blues" ---- Just around the corner there's heartache. Down the street that loosers use. Times that I've had, left me feelin so bad, I just want give up, lay down and die. So, if you've just lost your sweet heart and you have no good place to choose. Come along with me misery loves company. Your welcome at the home of the blues.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Well,lot's of stuff to cry to.....I don't even know where to start.

But as for feel good music,the ultimate is Jimmy Buffett.It's almost always good for a smile.

Pat Green's good,too.

Crazy by Pat Green
    2000 Greenhorse Music/BMI

Saw you early this morning sleeping all dressed in white,for a moment I thought you were an angel come to take me home alive. You woke up and you caught me staring smiled and said hey cut it out you said that I must be crazy,I said crazy about you and I kissed your mouth

CHORUS

If I am truly crazy don't you know I like my life that way
    and if I'm really going on out of my mind won't you hop on board and make your getaway

took a walk on down the seashore saw a beggar picking up some cans saw a little boy who had some salt in his eyes reaching out for his mamma's hands then I watched a stranger give that man a dollar watched a mamma wipe tears from here little boy's eyes then I stared up into the heavens said oh my God I'm glad to be alive, so glad to be alive.

CHORUS

Wake up in the morning we turn all the lights on turn em' out at night so that we can hide, sometimes I sleep with all the lights on, it helps me to appreciate the night, I hear people talk about life all the time all they remember are times so sad, don't you thing that life would be awfully boring, if the good time were all that we had.

CHORUS

Hop on board, make your getaway

Cowboy

• Xander
    Xander

If you can listen to:

Willie Nelson - "Marie"

and

Emmylou Harris - "Red Dirt Girl"

And not be crying those deep-down, god the word sucks, tears....you are not a real human being, sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit