Golf.....19th hole anyone?

by ISP 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sorry if I offended you, Andee, I certainly didn't mean to upset you. But you have to admit, that you sure can hear alot of bull pucky in Norco and Mira Loma, every weekend now. Mira Loma has its own Circuit Assembly Hall.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Sally,

I'm not upset sweetie. No offense taken. My post was more of the "Hey stop dissin MY Norco"

All these Brits having a ROYAL hardy har har at the expense of Norco. I shant have it!

One must admit that perhaps ONLY a Norconian could come up with hookers in tents on the golf course

Andee

• cellomould
    cellomould

When I was a kid, I thought the cows next door to the assembly hall were a novelty! I would ask my dad to pick me up over the wall so I could see.

Do you guys remember the flies in the entryway of the old part of the hall? There was an ancient black chandelier-type thing there. All the flies just loved the cool air, I suppose. My fondest memories are of course of the ice cream. We had our own ice cream machine there. It really sucked when they ended the food service, didn't it?

By the way, closer to the subject of the thread,...I recall that a young man from my old congregation was involved in a prositution shakedown. Some JWs saw his name in the paper. How embarrasing, huh? If that were me, I would have said, 'my middle name is John, and that's just a list of all the Johns in the community'

LOL

cellmould

• r51785
    r51785

I am a salesman for a trucking company. My office is down the street on Mission Blvd. from the Mira Loma Assembly Hall. My sales territory is in Norco and Corona. Part of my job is entertaining customers and my favorite way to entertain is by playing golf. I have played the Hidden Valley Golf Club several times. I laughed when I saw that article because Hidden Valley was at one time considered one of the best courses in the area. But with new courses like Goose Creek, Eagle Glen and Trilogy, they have lost a lot of business. I guess this novel type of tournament is their idea for getting business back.

If you come to Riverside County to play golf, I can't recommend Hidden Valley. The guy who designed it did a poor job. I understand he's never built another golf course since!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

So what you're saying is....it takes a few more strokes to get around the Hidden Valley Golf Course.

-BONEZZ

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ok, how the hell do ya figure that handicap? And for Simon's benefit..."BALLS"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit