by Sentinel 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• staceman
    staceman

Good Job Sentinel....

Don't forget to count your time!!

• dottie
    dottie

Way to go Karen!!

Myself, I'm not at that point yet where I want to talk to them. When my brother was living with us, (he's DA'd) he would talk to them, and he turned out to be a RETURN VISIT!!! I was so mad at mt brother for encouraging them to come back to MY house, If the came when I was at home and he wasn't, I would either not answer the door, or be extremely rude.

I think now I'm not as hostile, but just harbour a bit of resentment. I'm not as bitchy about it as I used to be! :)

Dottie

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

Karen, you have such a wonderful way with words. You handled that situation in good taste.

I live in a small town with one Kingdom Hall. I have lived in the same house since 1985 and have yet to see a JW at my door. My family has went so far as to give them my address. They have requested that someone visit me. I was DF'd and I'm assuming an elder would be the one to make the call. It amuses me that thay have not bothered to make the requested call.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Sweatpea,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I too, grew up in a small town, where there was only one KH. They actually used an old Church building, if you can believe that! They eventually "got" that property, as the owners died and were JW's and left the building to the society. They rebuilt right on that "heathen" spot. (~~grinning~~)After they began to grow, and not being able to afford to build elsewhere, they split the congregation and we were assigned different times to attend.

Like you, I expected JW's to come by and do their "sheep-herding" calls,but they truly neglected me, and by the time they decided to make a call, I had finally cut the ties permanently and forever. I destroyed all my library of books, magazines, etc. I kept only one NWT Bible, which my father had given me at a point when he was trying to find his own way.

I remember that day so vividly, as I was totally NOT expecting the knock at the door to be them. My husband told me not to open the door, but I did it anyway. I was ready to face them, even if they were there to tell me I was df'd again. But I would not let them in the house, and let all four of them stand on the porch and say what they had to say.

I was actually very surprised, as they were kinder to me than ever before. It was the same group that had df'd me back in 1960, minus the brother who had been df'd himself. (That's in another one of my posts.) Anyway, they apologized for the way things had gone for me. They asked if there was anything they could do that would sway me. They even tried to get me to blame everything on my mother, which I wouldn't do. I told them that my decision was my own, made after years of living a lie. I told them that because of how I'd been taught and the severity of the discipline, that I could not get my Bible out and read it without trembling and crying, and so I had packed it away.

They told me that I was valued as a person and that they wished I would reconsider. They said that I was still considered in good standing (how odd, since my mother had cut me off and told everyone that I was an apostate. None of my friends would have anything to do with me.) And, the last thing they said was that I would always be welcomed back anytime I wanted to return.

After that, I didn't see them at my door for probably another four years. When I came to Virginia, I felt that my mother had "sent them my address" and told them to come by, because they seemed to be at our door nearly every weekend. I never answered the door, nor spoke to any of them until just recently, about a month ago--(in another one of my posts.)

You know of course, that they keep records of EVERYONE that has ever been involved with them to the point of baptism. That is why I sent a letter to disassociate myself right straight to the NY headquarters. They never even bothered to replied.

I hope to see more posts from you. You are sensitive and loving. The road is sometimes very difficult, but you will find your way. Just remember that "the truth is out there". It really is...

Love and LIght,

Karen/Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit