Layoffs at Canadian Bethel

by wannaexit 19 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Two years ago before we left, the bethel was housing seven hundred brothers and sisters. I doesn't surprise me since there were many who were being shuffled around into house cleaning, green house and maintenance ect,,,

You hardly saw any elderly ones there(on the floor) when bringing ones through on tours. It was all young energetic ones that gave the place a feel of "enthusiasm" but only to those that didn't know better.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Richard_I

... and now I heard shipping uses a mobile device on their arms or something to scan orders? ...

Here a picture of such a device

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG
    Suraj Khan9 hours ago

"My younger brother has already thrown years of his life and earnings away building for the new headquarters projects. He has absolutely nothing to show for it and will likely not be able to support himself or his family when he retires. And meanwhile the GB keeps stringing him along: Armageddon is almost here. Aaaany day now.

And he still believes every word of it, like Boxer the cart-horse in Animal Farm."

Come on! The new HQ is the last home on Earth the GB will ever have!! Surely that is a worthy assignment!!! You can put that on an application!! 

DD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    This is a take, take, take organization. They give NOTHING back. Sad but true.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

More loving provisions from Jehovah....

• blondie
    blondie

Does Canada have the same laws regarding retirement like SS in the US.  A Canadian told us the retirement system is changing.

The WTS does not want to pay for the increasing medical costs of older Bethelites.  I remember when the WTS prided themselves on keeping them at Bethel, adjusting their work assignments, and acting as family members.

• sir82
    sir82

Following the model of the US Bethel: Take'em in young (20's), kick'em out when they hit their 50's (just at the point when medical issues may begin to present significant liability, but not so old that they (Bethel) appear obviously heartless).

Of course, it really is heartless - the 30 year guys who haven't ever (or hardly ever) worked "secularly" have not accumulated any savings for retirement, and don't have enough time to do so now.

They now face the prospect of working at whatever meager low-paid employment they can find, and continuing to work as long as they are physically capable of standing upright, be that age 80 or 85 or 95.

Thanks Watchtower!

• steve2
    steve2

Faith blinds people to what is happening right in front of them and enables them to give themselves to a cause even when the evidence shows a negative outcome. In that regard, JWs who go to Bethel have only to open their eyes and observe the evidence from the past more than 140 years of this heartless organization. Some will open their eyes, some won't.

• label licker
    label licker

Where we are in southern Ontario, we have OHIP which pays for your doctors visits as well as your hospitals I tend to get sick often needing med therefore we have insurance which cost me $1,500.00 per year. My sister who has been single all her life is in Quebec and she can only get a welfare every month of $600.00 per month. She chooses to live in a two room (bathroom and then tiny living/bedroom,kitchen) She has no medical plan.

As far as a retirement plan, I've never heard of anything of the sorts. You work, you invest all on your own. We will get an old age pay out at sixty-five but it's not much.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Working Canadians contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).  Upon retirement or if one became disables,  the individual can collect a pension and added benefits.

These ex bethelites who have been kicked out to the curb, have given the their best working years to watchtower.  The years where they could have contributed to CPP for their retirement are gone. Unless independently wealthy the only income in their later years is the old age pension which is a pittance.

What watchtower is doing to people is brutal and downright immoral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit