Layoffs at Canadian Bethel

by wannaexit 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Looks like the Canadian Bethel is following in the footsteps of  big brother from New York. I heard through the grapevine that a number of  couples have been given their notice. Some of these folks have been in bethel for over 30 years.

For any jw lurker that feels that bethel is the place to be: Be WARNED. Remember that "mother" will use you, abuse you and then it will send you off  with a swift kick out the door.

• KillerJones
    KillerJones
    How much do you want to bet they are older couples? Such a loving organization. I wonder what their pension will look like? 
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I wonder what their pension will look like? 

Zero, zilch, nada, nothing, empty, void, null.

Imagine an sealed empty void that is black--an occult prohibition preventing any and all light from entering--and from which all matter has been removed by an intense vacuum. Then delete that thought from your mind. What remains would be exponentially larger than the pension of the most devoted long-term Bethelite.

Now then, does "Tight Pants" Tony or Stephen "Ol' Rubberface" Lett have to worry about their retirement? No.

Why not? Because they are the ones running this scam. At the very least, they are--as the visible spokesmen--the recipients of fantastic wealth by continuing to spout the vitriolic lies of this destructive, hypocritical cult that manipulates and exploits their members for their own selfish gain.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Again?? I heard a similar thing a few years back. Before they got the new press, they put in a massive push for more young brothers. More than 50 young brothers became part of the bethel family. But then some stuff changed, and now I heard shipping uses a mobile device on their arms or something to scan orders? It's sounds like automation has eliminated a lot of the shipping brothers, which is where most of the work is.

However, like you mentioned, wannaexit, the majority is couples in their 30s/40s at bethel. When I got there I was really surprised that it was all mostly couples, the young brothers was kind of a minority. Wonder what they'll do with all that free space now.

And no coincidence Georgetown is getting a zone visit in March. Wonder what's going on inside.

Also, there's only like 400-450 people (450 at its most when they got the new press going in 2010) at Canada Bethel, so it's kind of small. The Americans called it the "country club" because it has a beautiful property and a nice atmosphere.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey the writing is on the wall so to speak, the WT is changing its business model and preparing to relieve its self of unnecessary over head costs. They are going to use emails and the internet more and printing is way way down during these days of internet access. 

I feel bad for those that devoted their live to this blood sucking Corporation and the Governing Body, I wish they could use some of that real estate money to help these people out. Hey GB sell a few KH to help these guys out instead of helping yourselves.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

My younger brother has already thrown years of his life and earnings away building for the new headquarters projects. He has absolutely nothing to show for it and will likely not be able to support himself or his family when he retires. And meanwhile the GB keeps stringing him along: Armageddon is almost here. Aaaany day now.

And he still believes every word of it, like Boxer the cart-horse in Animal Farm. 

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Layoffs, then a visit from corporate HQ to keep the remaining in line.  "We're not downsizing, we're right-sizing!"  "You're not fired, you're reassigned" 
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Be WARNED. Remember that "mother" will use you, abuse you and then it will send you off  with a swift kick out the door.

'' Mother'' has been abusing all its members for over 140 years. They have a great business model. The WTBTS has all its members  :

contribute money

clean all the Kingdom Halls with free labor having each congregation take turns

have members buy Bibles, books, magazines 

demand each member sell Bibles, books, magazines with free labor and gas

build factories, Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, etc. with free labor and material

have congregations pay assembly costs 

buy and sell real estate

have each congregation pay the expenses of each visiting Circuit Overseer for the weeks visit

have congregations contribute for disaster relief around the world with no accounting where the money went

loaning money to each congregation with interest to rehab its Kingdom Halls

Where are the soup kitchens, housing for the elderly and free clothing and financial aid for the down and out?

As Brokeback Watchtower said: I feel bad for those that devoted their live to this blood sucking Corporation and the Governing Body

• KillerJones
    KillerJones

Where are the soup kitchens, housing for the elderly and free clothing and financial aid for the down and out?

So sad, isn't it? Yet they act as if they are the chosen race...everyone else is going to die. Other religions help in practical ways, yet they will also die. No wonder James 1:27 is rarely talked about,and when it is, it's so often misapplied.  How will they make money from that? 
  • Kanon
    Kanon

This is of no surprise to me I saw this coming along time ago. Canada Branch was becoming an old folks home. It had an extreme view of bethel was for life and you could never leave. So few did no most are older and unfit to do a large chunk of the grunt work.

So now it is thanks for all your work enjoy evangelizer school and exile to the Yukon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit