PROOF from the WT

by Scorpion 67 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I find it interesting that we need to rationalize these seeming disparities of doctrine at all.

While it is true that, if a JW is asked directly if they believe that only JW's will survive, the answer is almost invariably "no". The reply is that "only Jehovah can judge a person's heart". This is the politically correct view.

Yet, in perusing other boards over the past few months, a different picture presents itself. When John Kennedy, Jr. was killed, there was a discussion started up on another board. Several people mentioned that they thought he was a wonderful person, and they were relieved that he died before Armageddon so that he would be resurrected. They expressed the thought that they would hate to see JFK, Jr., die because he was not a JW.

Others have written little stories about post-Armageddon celebrations involving ONLY JW's. These little stories are rather morbid, talking about poor Mr. Jones and his family, who lived near the Kingdom Hall....too bad he hadn't become a JW, because he would be alive today....tsk, tsk.

This is one of the things that has bothered me for some time.....the disparity of belief....the politically correct view vs the narrow view.

We have all at one time or another been very adept at coordinating these disparate views. But should we?

• Friend
    Friend

RedhorseWoman

This is one of the things that has bothered me for some time.....the disparity of belief....the politically correct view vs the narrow view.

We have all at one time or another been very adept at coordinating these disparate views. But should we?

I feel that our literature should more directly and more often address issues as we have been talking about on this thread. The apparent reluctance to do so leads some to conclude just as some here have, that the Society is saying contradictory things between the two sides of their mouth. While on our subject at hand I do not believe that is the case, I do believe their published comments can leave people with that suspicion, which is a legitimate one based upon my reasons stated here.

Perhaps some questions are just not too easy to explain when talking about massive killing, which in all probability would leave suspicion on occasion that political correctness might be at work though it is really not. Perhaps on subjects like this the quandary you describe is unavoidable.

Friend

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Friend,

Thanks for the thoughts. When you write like a regular person, you sound like a regular person, but I still think you're a CO or bethelite or something like that. Not being one of those myself, I can only go by what I've listened to over 30 years. And COs, etc, always give excellent talks when they talk like regular people. I never fail to stay awake during their talks. I've even been known to take notes.

Either that, or your a gifted apostate. If you look at our small forum, you and your logic have changed a group of JW's - questioning and wondering - into a group of JW's who just come short of standing with placards saying "Down with the Society." Swift change of opinion within a short time, wouldn't you say?

I can't figure it out yet, but when you come across like a regular person, I enjoy reading your words. And this is not a insult (unlike some of the other times I've posted to you.)

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 12 June 2000 23:53:8

• Dubby
    Dubby

Aghast, Taco Bell, ROTFLMAO!!!! I'm sorry, but SC has a good way to lighten things up a bit.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• CrazyArms
    CrazyArms

Seven, if you into this you'd probably find "The Art of War" a good read as well. The Steve Kaufman translation is the best in my opinion. I'd kind of be surprised if you weren't familiar with it though. - CrazyArms

• Seven
    Seven

CrazyArms, Welcome to the board. Yes, also Five
    Rings.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

7 - I'm totally impressed. - SolidSender (CrazyArms in previous incarnation)

• OBVES
    OBVES

Only God brings in salvation but Jehovahs Witness organization may help you to guide you into the Scriptures and it will be possible that you can be saved as God approves of them.

There is now a prediction in place for 2011 AD and for Christ to return we should have a period of 120 years just as it was in Noah's days using Matthew 24.37-39.

There must be a christian religion that is related to such a period of 120 years.

The International Bible Students and their successors Jehovah's Witnesses fit this time scenario.

Visit this group alt.religion.jehovahs-witn to see in my posts how the role of Jehovah's Witnesses bears upon the endtime era .

1884 AD + 120 years from Genesis 6.3 = 2004 AD + 7 years for 7 days from Genesis 7.1-4 = 2011 AD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit