Who are these guys?

by Nowhere 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Hello, I have a little question here.

(Be patient with my English)

Im lurking around here trying to get myself strait on if I really want to become a witness. And I must say some things scare me here. Ok, I can take that most of you who no longer are active witnesses have nothing good to say about the society (and you have your reasons, yes I know). But what about these guys who says they still are witnesses? (Not all maybe, but those of whom I have seen)

They lie, they are mean in general, and not the very loving and understanding type of guys they claim to be, they are the kind of people you dont want to have anything to do with. And they sure are much better in scaring away people like me, than any one who tells me that the society is a bunch of liars

So, my question, does anyone knows who they are? Are they really witnesses? Or just people claiming to be witnesses? And if they are, what are they doing here? Are they aware of that they do nothing but gives all witnesses a bad name?

By the way, are there any people here who just like me, tries to find out if the witnesses is something I want to be a part of? If so, feel free to email me.

Thank you!

• mindfield
    mindfield

They are apostates in denial.

Nuff said.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Nowhere,

I think You Know may be for real but I'd bet Fred Hall is just having fun with the whole idea. FH's grammer and spelling mistakes are beyond what even an average JW who got pulled out of school for Armageddon would exhibit so I think he's just having us on for giggles. There are a few other real party-line JWs that come and go in hit and run attacks because they can't defend their illogical positions and cult mind set. Reasonable JWs are usually on their way out when they debate here but they are still JWs in an official sense. The Watch Tower Society cult cannot stand real debate in an open and free forum as anyone who watches this board objectively would soon find out so party-line JWs won't debate here. Even You Know has his own ideas which are not Watch Tower party-line so I think that's part of why he sticks around.

You should wonder seriously about joining this group if you can clearly see the lack of reason and logic in their beliefs. I'm not real bitter about the time I wasted in this cult and my main problem with it is its lack of logic and disrespect of the scientific method. It is a mind control cult in every objective sense because it does not allow a free flow of information or thought. You will be punished for doing either and this is control. You might have to see it for yourself first hand maybe. If you don't have family or friends to loose in the process join up and get baptized then see how long any free thinking or disagreement will be tolerated. Don't believe me try it and see for yourself. Be careful though, don't get brainwashed into buying that this control is normal.

• COMF
    COMF

Nowhere man, please listen
    You don't know what you're missin'
    Nowhere man,
    The world is at your command

(but not if you become a witness... then you're at their command)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I'm for real - and it hurts my feelings that I wasn't mentioned earlier ........

I am NOT a "hit and run" - guy, but since I happen to live on the other side of the Atlantic than most of the guys here, discussions are tough to continue, because when I come back to reply, 10 new threads have been started meanwhile and the original one is "long time forgotten" by the rest of the guys.

I am a "party line" guy when it comes to theological questions, but I keep chronological speculations and legalism at arm's length. Impossible and stupid as some may think my attempt is, it is simply not to throw the baby out of the bath tub together with the washing water, but I stick to the God's name/trinity/soul/hell/etc. points, but will not allow man-made organizations or their representatives to have any power over me. I read what I like, I say what I like, I do what I like, I deny replying to questions I do not want to reply to, I write letters of disagreement when I disagree. And I really like Stafford.

And I would really like it, if meaningful discussions without name-calling could at times be carried out here. Regretfully, I yell back when I am yelled at, but I try to restrict myself.

• Bang
    Bang

Hippie,

"I am a "party line" guy when it comes to theological questions"

For real? Stuff like earning salvation?

Bang

• ballistic
    ballistic

No offense to anyone, but those who aren't "hit 'n run" posters I would class as "House of Cards" type posters. They will feel that they can defend any single topic (defend being the operative word and not prove), and yet when you take all of their arguments together they become a very precariously balanced house of cards. Pull out one card and the whole "truth" collapses.

Most witnesses will not pull out that fatal card, because it has something like the following holding it in place: "well maybe everythings not perfect, but God is using imperfect humans" or "the light is constantly getting brighter, so any descrepancies in doctrine will eventually be ironed out" and believe it or not we even had one poster here state that: "It is all part of Gods design to have these problems in the organisation in order to root out the 'weeds'".

You can possibly see how those previous statements are the product of brainwashing, and yes they have all been used by JWs on this site.

It's not difficult to see from the outside where the teachings fail, but from within this finely woven web of intricately balanced doctrine it's almost impossible. I'm suprised I found my way out.

Edited by - ballistic on 15 June 2002 12:52:8

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    believe it or not we even had one poster here state that: "It is all part of Gods design to have these problems in the organisation in order to root out the 'weeds'".

good grief!

To me this smacks of the fundamentalist idea that witnesses oppose - that the devil has been allowed to tamper with fossils & archaeological evidence, to deceive men from believing in god. Here we see one of them believing that Jehovah does the same thing to his own org, to deliberately deceive/stumble the weaker members of his own flock?

Hmmmm... Now where'd I put that God-sized millstone...

SpiderMonkey

• ballistic
    ballistic

Nowhere, are you studying with witnesses then>?

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Yes, I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit