June 2015 Watchtower equating Apostates with The Antichrist!

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Jonathan Drake: I'm not sure I see this including people like us. The article specifically says that an antichrist must claim to represent Jesus or deny that he actually lived.

As jwfacts commented, they're actually casting the net much wider than that.

The apostle John understood the antichrist to be all who deliberately spread religious deception about Jesus Christ and Jesus’ teachings

WT are streamlining and simplifying every aspect of their existence, their tactics for countering opposition will be no exception.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The key word is "deliberately." How do you prove that someone deliberately spread a false teaching??

For instance, is a R&F deliberately spreading false teachings by going in field service? I would say the answer is, "No." Why? They believe it to be true, so they aren't doing it deliberately.

This nu-light on the anti-christ is just as likely to be a loop-hole for the GB, as it is a catch-all for faders/dissidents.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being used against anyone. The ONLY way I can forsee this being a problem is if you are asked THE question. You know, " Do you believe the GB is God's channel, the FDS?"

You can say, " I don't know? It seems Jeehoober can use anyone at anytime. Brother McDouchelick, what do think about the hypothetical "evil slave?", did you know that Christendom's scholars came up with that? Seem like Jeehobo is using lots of people. That scholar can't be part of the anti-christ, can he? What about us? We have taught things that were wrong about Jesus. CTR said Jesus was going to be done with the Big A in 1914? Was that deliberate?"

If the GB use this to judge others, they condemn themselves. It WILL backfire as a weapon.

DD

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    I'd rather be the antichrist than a j-dub so thanks for the compliment. Tomorrow I'm going to go to work blasting Slayer's 2nd album, "Hell Awaits".
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”

I don't deny Jesus, I just deny the Governing Body. So I guess that makes me, not an AntiChrist, but an:

ANTI-GOVERNING BODY!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

As jwfacts commented, they're actually casting the net much wider than that.

Who cares what "they" (the WT writers) say?

Go with the Bible. It says the "antichrist" is one who denies Jesus, whatever THAT means. So, unless you actively go around "denying" that Jesus is "the Christ" you are NOT the "antichrist."

It's all bullshit.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ok, so this WT says, "The apostle John understood the antichrist to be all who deliberately spread religious deception"

I disagree that that is what the John "understood" according to the Bible (a book which I have become convinced is full of delusions and nonsense).

But, if the WT is right about what "John understood," then by their own description the WT leaders are "the antichrist," because they "deliberately spread religious deception."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For centuries, the antichrist has kept millions in spiritual darkness. - w2015, 6/01, p. 15

Yes, and for the last three centuries--the 19th, 20th and now into the 21st--the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has also kept more millions in spiritual darkness.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kings and emperors in the Middle Ages often called their opponents antichrists. - w2015, 6/01

And so we thought we'd do the same thing too. All of our opponents are hereby declared to be: ANTICHRISTS!

• menrov
    menrov

Just wondering, the letter by John and hence his words in chapter 2 are written to those who have received the anointing (1 John. 2:27). Does this mean that all others are part of the antichrist because they have not received the anointing?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wouldn't think so, Menrov. If there is a loving God who created us, why would he damn us all as anti-christ for not being anointed, which isn't even our choice?

Sure, we would all choose immortal live! LOL! God would be especially cruel to condemn us for not understanding a book he could have written better, or for allowing us to be corrupted and then condemning us for it.

If that's God, then I want no part of their universe, kill me now.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit