So Who's Coming To My Barbie This Year?

by Englishman 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK all you lucky people, this is the BIG one!

Every July, around about the time of my birthday, Her Ladyship and myself host the barbie to end all barbies. Fun, frolics and fizz are the order of the day, this is THE social event, places are more in demand than tickets to watch England play (that's artistic licence BTW), even Dub in the pub turned up last year.

Originally started 10 years ago to get the local pubs regulars together, I usually invite about 40 from the pub, about 15 little & big Hooper's, and I am now throwing open an invitation for about 15 - 20 posters from this site to join in the fun.

The event will, weather permitting, take place on Sunday July 21. Meet at The Waverley pub, Severn Road, Weston - super - Mare between 12noon and 3pm. After 3 pm head the 300 yards to my home where all food - and we're talking good food here, rib-eye steak and even octopus - will be provided.

Anyone still standing at 8 pm join in further frolics back at the Waverley. Bring a bottle / a guitar / whatever you want, please just let me know if you would like to come. Here's a site for accommodation:// http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/weston-super-mare.html

Englishman.

• terafera
    terafera

I'd love to come!

Sounds like you know how to party! It's a long way from Alaska though!

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

I'd be there if it weren't for that damn "pond" in between us! Oh well, guess I've gotta find a closer pagan feast to attend. My loss, i'm sure!

P.S. Happy B-day Englishman!

• neyank
    neyank

Hey English,

I'm packing up my rowboat now.

How long do you figure it'll take to row across the pond?

neyank

ps. You will wait untilI get there, right?

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

mmm, Sunday 21st July..... (refers to calendar....)

Guess what we are doing that weekend... no, not a district convention - we are moving house to be not a million miles from you. We will have to see how we get on with our furniture removals before we accept your kind invitation - we've got like 3 zillion boxes to sort out and find room for and beds to put together and a multitude of unforeseen problems to deal with like not being able to get the 3 pce suite through the front door etc..... and whats the betting our neighbours either side are JWs who are 'SO pleased to meet you, you must pop in for a cup of tea and a copy of our latest magazines....', that would just be our luck!!!!!

• invisible
    invisible

Englishman, may I smoke spliffage or not? I figured I might see you there if i can plus attend my other friends one on the Monday, depends what mid summer celebrations are happening I guess.

Individuals Wife, I used to do furniture removals, if you need a hand on the day with care though lightning fast, I reckon it could be done in a jiffy with no more than 4 lads on the job. The move will be completely done within the day, put your feet up and relax. Fee negotiable. Not that far from you here either.

Celtic Mark

• ISP
    ISP

Sounds good E-man!

I would like to go....will contact you nearer the time!

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mark,

Feel free to smoke what you like, kippers or mackerel even, seriously, I don't care, last year someone tipped weed on the barbie right at the end of the evening. That WAS different....!

Englishman.

• Scully
    Scully

Englishman:

I would love to attend! However there is the little matter of the Atlantic Ocean which presents an impediment to my presence.

I'll be sure to mark it on the calendar though, and perhaps we'll have our own BBQ at the same time.

Love, Scully

PS: You said: last year someone tipped weed on the barbie right at the end of the evening. That WAS different....!

Now we know the real reason why HL purchased the chiminea! ;)

Edited by - Scully on 13 June 2002 15:28:4

• Simon
    Simon

We'd love to come and meet ya's if that's ok !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit